The DStv Now app has been somewhat of a success for Multichoice, by allowing multichoice premium subscribers access to series, movies and also live television, wherever they might be. It’s been a fantastic app to use on mobile devices, but unless you owned a Smart TV it wasn’t the easiest of ways to get the service to run on your television. Should you be an Xbox One owner that is about to change.
DStv Now has officially launched on the Xbox One, which means you might now finally have a device that’s connected to your television set. As long as you’re an account holder of the premium DStv service you’ll gain access to it. The app has also been added to Hisense TVs.
Below are all the devices that are now supported:
- Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X
- Hisense smart TVs (selected models from 2018)
- Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards)
- LG smart TVs (models running webOS 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0)
- Apple TV (4th gen and up)
- Media players running Android TV (Google-certified devices only)
Unfortunately we doubt that Xbox One X owners will receive 4K support, as Multichoice is yet to breach HD to UHD mark. Up to four devices can sign into the same account and two devices can stream content at the same time.