And just like that, speeding around a seemingly blind corner, Codemasters has announced a brand new entry into the GRID series. Apparently, the team is using this fourth game in the series as a bit of a soft reboot as the new game is entitled simply: GRID.
The Codemasters site provides extra details regarding the game including:
- The races will take place across 4 continents.
- Car types will include ‘GT, Touring, Stock, Muscle and Super-Modified’.
- Racing types include ‘Circuit, Street Racing, Ovals, Hot Laps, Point-to-Point and World Time Attack’.
- A big focus on handling (where damage plays a big part, affecting handling and performance).
- F1, Le Mans and Indy legend Fernando Alonso served as a consultant for the game and will appear in the game too.
The cinematic trailer (IGN exclusive which you can check out here) sure does look beautiful and from what we can tell it seems the trademark ‘rewind’ feature may be coming back. If this is right down your alley the good news is you won’t have to wait too long. The game is set to release on the 13th of September 2019 and will be available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.