Call of Duty decided that loot boxes and season passes were going to be skipped for Modern Warfare, opting instead for the battle pass system. Many were sceptical, thinking that as soon as the review cycle was over, the loot boxes would come knocking. This hasn’t happened yet and Season One is around the corner, with a whole bunch of content dropping on all platforms on 3 December.
Season One includes new maps, modes and Special Ops content. Not everything will unlock on day one, but there is enough here to keep people busy if they want to kill all the things. There is also a note that this might not be everything to come in the season.
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- Additional Maps: Look for additional multiplayer maps as Season 1 progresses.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
- Additional Content: Look for more Special Ops content as Season 1 continues.