Have you been training your pocket monsters for the chance to prove that you’re the very best? Well now’s your chance. Head over to the Nintendo Switch Pop Up Zone and participate in 2020’s first Pokémon Sword and Shield Tournament. All you’ll need is your Switch or Switch Lite, with the Pokémon Sword or Shield game of course. An online subscription, the latest software versions and the most important bit, your battle spirit. As for the format of the tournament, let’s have a look below.
– Double Battle with Normal Rules
– Best out of 3 will move on to the next round
– Gigantamax Pokémon allowed ( Butterfree, Corviknight, Drednaw, Centiskorch, Meowth, Pikachu, Eevee, Snorlax, Sandaconda, Charizard (but only with Blaze)
– A six Pokémon party can be registered in the tournament with only four being selected to battle with per round, per match
– Pokémon levels will be capped at level 50
– Pokémon can hold items, but no two Pokémon in your battle team may possess or hold the same item
– Banned Pokémon include (MewTwo, Mew, Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus)
The tournament will be hosted at the Nintendo Switch Pop Up Zone in Sandton City Mall, Johannesburg, on the 18th of January 2020. Check-in starts at 10.30 am and the tournament starts at 11 am. Head over to the tournament’s website to register and good luck to all trainers.