If you play, or have played Ark: Survival Evolved on Xbox, then prepare your eyes for the visual upgrades you can enjoy on the Xbox Series X.
The below trailer shows some footage of various maps of Ark, showing side-by-side comparisons and the game on Xbox One and then on Xbox Series X and the results are pretty impressive.
Besides the good looks, the Xbox Series X version can get rid of tether distance when playing with friends and hosting on your console. “The increased memory of Xbox Series X lets us keep nearly the entire game world loaded in the background, enabling us to eliminate the ‘tether’ when hosting certain multiplayer modes, while the fast storage medium makes getting into ARK’s gameplay and travelling through its environments extremely quick and smooth,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, Co-founder and Development Director, Studio Wildcard.
The Series X Update has the following features:
- 4K Output at 30-60 FPS
- Extreme Draw/LOD Distance (Higher than PC)
- Extreme Level Streaming Distance (Higher than PC)
- Epic Sky & Atmospherics Quality
- Epic Subsurface Scattering Quality
- Infinite-Range High Precision Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Max Texture Resolution
- 16x Anisotropic Filtering
- Infinite-Range Distance Field Shadows
- Terrain Self-Shadowing
- Epic Dynamic Shadow Quality
- Epic Ground Clutter Distance
- High-Precision HDR Output
- Epic Postprocessing Quality
- Tetherless Non-Dedicated Hosting
- Tetherless Splitscreen
- 100-player Dedicated Server Hosting
- Splitscreen Multiplayer uses Epic Graphics Settings
- 7x Faster Loading Times
It looks great, but I don’t think I need to play this game on PC and a console. Stop tempting me, pretty graphics!