At midnight (SA Time) we were treated to our first full ‘proper’ Nintendo Direct in about 18 months. It ran for around 50 minutes and was jam-packed with several announcements for a range of games coming to the Switch in the next while. It really is worth a viewing and you can check out the whole show below if you missed it this morning. However, here is a quick roundup of a few of the highlights Nintendo talked about:
- Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) revealed as the latest fighter for Smash Bros. Ultimate (to release in March)
- Fall Guys is coming to Switch (Summer 2020 Northern Hemisphere)
- Outer Wilds coming to Switch (Summer 2020 Northern Hemisphere)
- Mario Golf Super Rush announcement (features motion controller support, different game modes including a Story Mode featuring your Mii character – due 25 June)
- No More Heroes 3 (August 27)
- Project Triangle Strategy (working title) a new tactical RPG from Square Enix has a demo and surveys to be conducted based on your experience of it
- Hades getting a physical release which includes a PC code for the music collection and a compendium featuring the character artwork (19 March)
- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD – although no BOTW2 info was available yet we did get confirmation that the Wii title would be coming to the Switch. The controller scheme has been updated to work with two Joy-Cons and a special set of Skyward specific Joy-Cons was also revealed.
- Ninja Gaiden Master Collection (coming June 10)
- Hyrule Warriors getting an expansion pass
- Apex Legends confirmed for Switch
- Splatoon 3 – The final reveal of the evening was confirmation that the third instalment of Nintendo’s multiplayer paint shooter is coming in 2022 and we got out first look at a cinematic for the game revealing some great customisation options and even a possible pet fish-creature with a mohawk!
It was quite an exciting show with a variety of games coming to the system and the list above only covers a few of these. So as mentioned above if you’re keen to check them all out, give it a watch.