Recently Purchased

Must be huge! You need to be careful you don't sprain your neck just watching TV
The TV stand is low profile and the couch elevated by peg legs, so when watching TV the centre is around eye level. Currently with the 77" my seated distance meets the minimum recommended THX spec of 40 degrees, but the recommended viewing angle for a commercial theatre is 45-50 degrees, which is what the 83" gets me to.

Good lord... that's massive! How big is the room it's in?
I have a 65" and it's plenty big. Almost bought the 75", but thought it might be overkill
The room isn't very big - currently I sit just over 2m from the TV. I have room to move if I need to, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Just picked up Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora for $30. Bargain.

DF have raved about the visuals so I’m keen to check it out.

Just picked up Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora for $30. Bargain.

DF have raved about the visuals so I’m keen to check it out.
That is cheap, cheapest I've seen is currently at EBgames at $57.

Bought the Samsung HW-Q700D Q-Series Soundbar - 2024 edition today for the bedroom. It packs a real punch for a 3.1.2 system, for it's size really fills the room with sound. Waiting for the neighbors to complain.
438760-Product-0-I-638488507207800478_81635fb1-a15d-4eec-8171-33ed06d47ddb.jpg

Taxi Driver has been a long time coming, but happy it's finally available! Fist of Legend is also a very attractive package, the gold text and red leaves have a metallic finish:

Taxi Driver.jpg Blue Velvet.jpg The Mist.jpg Fist of Legend.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Ken i would have thought you gone digital now by now

Music yes, because I can download and back-up my albums, films no, because they can only be streamed (therefore subject to alteration and removal at any point).

Fun fact I didn't know about "Fist of Legend" until reading reviews of the disc. The Wachowskis watched it and were blown away by the fight sequences, hiring Yuen Woo-ping to inject wushu into their upcoming film "The Matrix".

Last edited:
Taxi Driver has been a long time coming, but happy it's finally available! Fist of Legend is also a very attractive package, the gold text and red leaves have a metallic finish:

View attachment 1813 View attachment 1814 View attachment 1817 View attachment 1816
Let me know how Taxi driver transfer is, would love to have it great film, but it's really expensive here.

I'm waiting for them to let me know when I can go collect but picked up Monsterverse 5 film set on really nice special.

Attachments

• 440148-Product-0-I-638542849255287995.jpg
    440148-Product-0-I-638542849255287995.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4
Let me know how Taxi driver transfer is, would love to have it great film, but it's really expensive here.

I'm waiting for them to let me know when I can go collect but picked up Monsterverse 5 film set on really nice special.

It's been out for years as part of the Columbia Classics boxset and reviews are all good. I've been patiently waiting for it to make it's way as an individual release though. You can see how it compares to the Blu-ray here

Coincidentally, GxK New Emptire drops on MAX today - looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom