Rumour: Nintendo Switch succesor targeting late 2024 release.

Wlad

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
VGC reports that dev kits for the much rumoured Switch successor is now with key partner studios and the console is aiming for a late 2024 release.

Who else is excited for this? I love my Switch and use it practically every single day so I'm really looking forward to the next one.

They could just release the same form factor with more powerful internals (PS4 Pro equivalent) and I'd be over the moon. As long it's 100% backwards compatible with both physical and digital Switch games.

there is talk that backwards compatibility may hamper the performance of the new model, but its probably about wanting to sell remasters if you ask me, looking forward to next year, frame rates on some titles becoming an issue

@cravinho is still waiting for the switch pro :p

It doesn’t matter, I will just buy it. I love all consoles.

Some more rumours that are backed up by shipping manifests : https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/

12 GB LPDDR5X RAM 7500 MT/s
256 UFS 3.1
Still retains joycons and a dock
Protective case is SIZE: 206mm X 115mm X 14mm so the console is a tad smaller than that.
NVIDIA T239 with 1536 CUDA Cores, 48 tensor cores, 12 RT cores, Ampere architecture with features backported from Ada
8 core ARM A78C CPU
File decompression engine

Now this sounds like a handheld console with phenomenal potential

It won’t be any kind of powerhouse, that’s not Nintendo’s way and it works for them.

I’m not confident it’s going to be a big seller to be honest. A lot of Switch sales went to people during lockdown and now those things don’t get played much.

But Ninty have that game power so they’ll fine, let’s see if my daughter will want an upgrade but she only ever plays Animal Crossing.

Back
Top Bottom