Summer Game Fest - $250,000 per one minute

Deviation

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
"“These shows are really ****ing expensive,” one insider says, referring to both Summer Game Fest and the Game Awards. According to pricing details shared with me by multiple marketing professionals who requested anonymity, running a trailer during Summer Game Fest’s main show this year cost $250,000 for one minute, $350,000 for one and a half minutes, $450,000 for two minutes, and $550,000 for two and a half minutes. They also say that last year’s edition of the Game Awards featured the same pricing tiers.

If you add up all of the one- to two-and-a-half-minute trailers aired during last year’s Summer Game Fest, those price levels could translate into a $9.65 million haul for the main show alone. Of course, last year’s prices may have been different, and I don’t know how to account for shorter, 30-second trailers, nor the longer segments in which Keighley invites a developer onstage."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a61006534/summer-game-fest-explained/

Ouch. That’s pretty steep, but if it generates hype and sales then so be it.

Probably still works out cheaper than E3 etc used to.

Watched the show and it looks to me like both Sony and Xbox have dropped support quite a bit here. I mean they had some stuff but not like before.

Geoff leaned heavily into the indie space this year, which I personally loved, but the lack of the big boys was noticeable.

Black Myth and Kingdom Come 2 both look awesome.

Hectic money for a show that feels like an indie fest. A few nice trailers - DBZ, Kingdom Come 2, Alan Wake 2 DLC and Star Wars Outlaws - but the vast majority of the 2 hour event could've just as well been at one of these small shows scattered during "E3" week.

Hopefully Xbox actually gives us "E3" vibes

Hectic money for a show that feels like an indie fest. A few nice trailers - DBZ, Kingdom Come 2, Alan Wake 2 DLC and Star Wars Outlaws - but the vast majority of the 2 hour event could've just as well been at one of these small shows scattered during "E3" week.

Hopefully Xbox actually gives us "E3" vibes

They delivered!

These shows are cheaper to pull off as they're pretty much shot in studio with trailers so there's less fanfare (which I miss) and press service so better for business.

Back
Top Bottom