This forum never took off

S_L_Y_G_U_Y

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I ts pretty sad though cause this was the perfect SA Gamer clone

SA Gamer was already on life support before it shutdown. Forums don’t work that well anymore.

True, but look at the amount of posts happening hourly, daily, weekly. There’s nowhere near enough engagement on this forum.

I know there are a lot of lurkers on here not engaging.

I asked someone in that position why they haven’t been posting and they responded that it was too quiet.

If they would contribute, maybe that wouldn’t be the case.

Regardless, it’s nice to have the forum around and in far less toxic form.

Last edited:
Completely disagree.

I find it’s working very well and is much better for it being smaller.

If the spambots can just bugger off.

but as long as people enjoy mingling here, then it is a success for them.
Exactly. The Grotto is also small, but a small group of people keep returning. Smaller forums have different value propositions to large forums. It also avoids the racists, bullies, trolls, know-it-alls, censorship and god-like mods of a certain very popular SA forum.

I have a feeling though that the original forum's "outdated" look contributed slightly towards a gradual decrease in the forum's negative "net-membership"
(New members joining minus old members gradually leaving/disengaging.)

I think introduction of Facebook gaming groups are also a big reason why less people started feeling the need to search & join a general local gaming forum..............

I have a feeling though that the original forum's "outdated" look contributed slightly towards a gradual decrease in the forum's negative "net-membership"
(New members joining minus old members gradually leaving/disengaging.)

I think introduction of Facebook gaming groups are also a big reason why less people started feeling the need to search & join a general local gaming forum..............

I think there was just “too much” of everything all over the place trying to cater to every single little thing.

Past experience with Xbox-360.co.za also had things starting to go off the rails when there will just too many little nooks and crannies and not enough people to manage them.

Bigger/Busier isn't always better.

Most of the busier forums are full of know-it-all bullies or power-mad moderators. I'm happy here, I'm guilty of taking long break periods between posts, life is busy I guess, but I reckon this has a decent chance with the right original gang back and engaging.

As for Discord/Reddit... damn, maybe as a GenX'er I just don't have patience for that crap...

Can't imagine there are many young people on there. My kids laugh at Facebook, it's for old people they say.

Can't imagine there are many young people on there. My kids laugh at Facebook, it's for old people they say.

Yeah I’m not sure if actual hardcore gamers ever used Facebook, but then I’ve never used it myself so wouldn’t know.

Back
Top Bottom