This forum never took off

Yeah this place isn't as popular as the old place. It almost feels like butting into a private conversation when you enter a thread and it's just two guys chatting about a game or something.

Doesn't feel like the old SAGamer where you gave an opinion on a game (like my infamous 0/10 for TLOU2 for not being on PC lol) and 15 people would tell you how wrong you are. Or a long huge discussion about how Playstation charging R1369 produces high quality games over Xbox's unsustainable Gamepass mid games.

I find myself in better spots. Resetera to see the latest gaming news, MyBroadband for everything SA related, Facebook/Whatsapp groups for all the news in my area, Reddit for some sporting stuff etc.

Yeah this place isn't as popular as the old place. It almost feels like butting into a private conversation when you enter a thread and it's just two guys chatting about a game or something.

Doesn't feel like the old SAGamer where you gave an opinion on a game (like my infamous 0/10 for TLOU2 for not being on PC lol) and 15 people would tell you how wrong you are. Or a long huge discussion about how Playstation charging R1369 produces high quality games over Xbox's unsustainable Gamepass mid games.

I find myself in better spots. Resetera to see the latest gaming news, MyBroadband for everything SA related, Facebook/Whatsapp groups for all the news in my area, Reddit for some sporting stuff etc.

It probably won't ever be very large again.

A lot of the guys in Discord are happy there, so they were they will stay.

I also doubt anybody under 30 will register either

I'm registered on both SAGamer and the Discord server and use both only occasionally. I do much more reading than commenting.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the platforms either.

It is me and me alone. I'm just busy. The older I get the less time I have for gaming, social networks and hanging out on the internet...

Yeah, I’ll hang here, Discord just doesn’t work for me.

The old forum had decades to establish itself, had the advantage of a commercial link via the ownership, and ultimately pissed a lot of people off at the end.

SA Gamer was already on life support before it shutdown.

Not really we had a good couple of peeps
like the ones that are here

They play "guess the game".

Flip man, are bots that good, I just don't know?

Some of these posts just make no sense for a real human

While the Citroen C3 is stylish and modern, there are some drawbacks to consider. These include potentially lower resale value, concerns about long-term reliability, possible perception issues regarding brand image, and a less extensive dealer network compared to Suzuki. Overall, the Suzuki Swift might offer a more practical and cost-effective solution for your company's transportation needs.

Consider adjusting your habits and consulting a healthcare professional for personalized advice. Take care, and I hope you find relief.

I'd recommend checking out One Source Process, US Authentication Services, or Washington Consular Services for reliable Apostille assistance. These providers are known for their efficiency, reliability, and excellent customer service.

One true test to see if they're real... @BeatHero please fill in the missing letters to complete the sentence "Dom p***"

How has a bot got 144 posts and they're still not banned?

I'm sure BeatHero is a bot, different IP address every time they post, last location was the Philippines. I've left it alone just to see what the ploy is, but so far I've not seen it post anything dodgy.

That's the line I draw, we have posts come along from a number of dodgy locations, but unless they post an outside link or make suspect comments, I generally leave them alone. On the day AI takes over, I hope they remember my nonpartisan approach.

Last edited:
I've left it alone just to see what the ploy is, but so far I've not seen it post anything dodgy.
Bots are used not only to try and direct people to dodgy stuff, but also to help build ML models.

Interaction with humans and the ability to pass as a normal user is the end goal after all.

Bots are used not only to try and direct people to dodgy stuff, but also to help build ML models.

Interaction with humans and the ability to pass as a normal user is the end goal after all.

In which case, unless you guys feel differently, I say live and let imitate.

I'm sure BeatHero is a bot, different IP address every time they post, last location was the Philippines. I've left it alone just to see what the ploy is, but so far I've not seen it post anything dodgy.

That's the line I draw, we have posts come along from a number of dodgy locations, but unless they post an outside link or make suspect comments, I generally leave them alone. On the day AI takes over, I hope they remember my nonpartisan approach.
Admin and I found a bot a week ago. The member had been a member since Sept 2023, made small posts here and there.

The posts for the most part felt a little off, but I could never pinpoint if they were bot or not. Then last week they decided to post a link to a crypto/gambling site (can't remember).

So these bots are getting crafty now, they are in it for the long haul it seems.

Back
Top Bottom