Xbox is just a meme at this point

One good conference doth not a generation save. Let's not forget our brothers and sisters that had to endure some tough years

images

redfall-meme.png

starfield-award-921x518.jpg

Well, this thread aged like milk.

Much like I said previously, MS know exactly what they are doing, and it shows with the showcase and game lineup and overall vision of gaming future.

Well, this thread aged like milk.

lol what?

I get you are a big Xbox fan and that’s a good thing but they have delivered nothing yet. Don’t be so quick to forget the failed promises of last time. Redfall anyone?

Can’t wait to play some of these on PS5 soon, I’m sure some will be there.

I don't give one fuck if games are going to PS, I am getting the same games for "free" day one.
Yeah, so much in the pipeline to look forward to. And when some go to PlayStation and are purchased full price, the sales will fuel more Game Pass day 1 games.

Yeah xbox showing was great but its only that.. a showing. When the games release they need to be good or better. MS needs a a streak of good titles for a few years to regain consumer confidence. They may know what they're doing in the business world but if the gamers aren't on board, this particular business will flounder. I also don't like how some games will be released on both platforms but they will purposely exclude the PS/XB logo from the trailer.. Very childish imo.

Yeah, so much in the pipeline to look forward to. And when some go to PlayStation and are purchased full price, the sales will fuel more Game Pass day 1 games.
I think the ABK acquisition has put a nail in the coffin of gamepass on PS which is why they've pivoted to releasing individual games on the platform. If the next years of COD are good and remain free on gamepass then perhaps that audience will consider switching over to the green side for that perk.

Yeah xbox showing was great but its only that.. a showing. When the games release they need to be good or better. MS needs a a streak of good titles for a few years to regain consumer confidence. They may know what they're doing in the business world but if the gamers aren't on board, this particular business will flounder. I also don't like how some games will be released on both platforms but they will purposely exclude the PS/XB logo from the trailer.. Very childish imo.
I don't understand about the trailer logo. Who excluded them?

The last time I recall somebody excluding the XB logo from trailers was that Geoff Knightly Playstation shiller when he took a video from an Xbox event and removed the final 4 seconds where it said XB and GP.

As a side note, Geoff even threw shade at the latest Xbox show case by posting that Gears of War trailer was CG. The actual devs corrected him and he still hasn't corrected his post or apologized for lying about it.

He is just a major wanker that is always promoting Playstation in a positive light, and Xbox in a negative light.

Both do it for cross plat titles. They need to understand that the landscape is fast moving away from hardware and more on software. I think XB gets this but keep scoring own goals with their strategy whilst PS are so far up their asses that they fail to realise that the XB players will pay the extra for the sony exclusives and in a market of diminishing returns, every cent counts.

Both do it for cross plat titles. They need to understand that the landscape is fast moving away from hardware and more on software. I think XB gets this but keep scoring own goals with their strategy whilst PS are so far up their asses that they fail to realise that the XB players will pay the extra for the sony exclusives and in a market of diminishing returns, every cent counts.
I agree 100% that hardware is not the primary game drivers. For me it's...

* First place is content.
* Second place is availability and cost.
* Third place is hardware to play said content.

Last edited:
I don't understand about the trailer logo. Who excluded them?

The last time I recall somebody excluding the XB logo from trailers was that Geoff Knightly Playstation shiller when he took a video from an Xbox event and removed the final 4 seconds where it said XB and GP.

As a side note, Geoff even threw shade at the latest Xbox show case by posting that Gears of War trailer was CG. The actual devs corrected him and he still hasn't corrected his post or apologized for lying about it.

He is just a major wanker that is always promoting Playstation in a positive light, and Xbox in a negative light.
Sure about that?

Of the two games I care about, Doom is already confirmed for PS5 and the other, Indiana Jones, undoubtably already has a PS5 version that's bound to arrive at some point.

As far as Microsoft is concerned, I like the new direction they're going in, it works for me. Just a pity we lost Tango and Arkane in the process - hopefully they find a home elsewhere.

I think XB gets this but keep scoring own goals with their strategy whilst PS are so far up their asses that they fail to realise that the XB players will pay the extra for the sony exclusives and in a market of diminishing returns, every cent counts.
Sony are well aware of sales they could make on Xbox, which is why they are now porting games to PC. Xbox hardware is selling worse and worse, that’s diminishing returns. Put the games on PC a year after launch and get the best of all worlds. Don’t waste time porting to the lowest selling console.

It’s why Horizon Lego is going to Switch too.

As far as Microsoft is concerned, I like the new direction they're going in, it works for me. Just a pity we lost Tango and Arkane in the process - hopefully they find a home elsewhere.

It was only that one studio of Arkane though from what I understand. There is a lot of history to that studio and Redfall though.

Bloomberg released a report having spoken to several anonymous sources familiar with Redfall's development after it launched last month to poor reviews and significant technical issues. These sources claimed Redfall struggled with a misguided vision, staffing issues, and more.

Things allegedly became so bad at Arkane that, despite having put two years into Redfall at the time of the Xbox acquisition, staff wished it would be rebooted as a single player game or cancelled altogether.

The switch to a multiplayer focus, which was reportedly pushed for by parent company ZeniMax,
appeared to be a major cause of Redfall's issues. Developers who worked on the single player Prey (which is a format Arkane is known for thanks to hits like Dishonored) were now working on a multiplayer game, and Bloomberg reported that 70% of these staff members left by the end of Redfall's development.

I feel for the devs, but at the same time, they are employees like the majority of us. Unless you are your own boss, your choices are usually "do as you're told" or "leave". I don't feel MS should have gotten the flack for Redfall. Listening to everyone by being "hand-offs" is what they did, yet when it failed, they are berated for not being "hands-on"

It was only that one studio of Arkane though from what I understand. There is a lot of history to that studio and Redfall though.

Arkane Austin are the ones responsible for Prey and played a big part in the development of Dishonoured - these are my two favourites from Arkane.

I feel for the devs, but at the same time, they are employees like the majority of us. Unless you are your own boss, your choices are usually "do as you're told" or "leave". I don't feel MS should have gotten the flack for Redfall. Listening to everyone by being "hand-offs" is what they did, yet when it failed, they are berated for not being "hands-on"

Yea, not sure how hands off they were - it's Bethesda's fault is plausible deniability as far as I'm concerned. It was not the kind of game the team makes or wanted to make.

Arkane was number one on my list of concerns after the announcement of the acquisition, and here we are. The other two were Tango and Machine Games - one man left standing.

Its going to Switch because the Switch has always had the biggest player base of Lego games. Lego probably insisted this during the licensing, probably nothing to do with Sony.

Its going to Switch because the Switch has always had the biggest player base of Lego games. Lego probably insisted this during the licensing, probably nothing to do with Sony.
Sony owns the Horizon IP and you think it has nothing to do with them?

Are you saying then that Lego also thinks Xbox isn’t worth bothering about?

Sony are well aware of sales they could make on Xbox, which is why they are now porting games to PC. Xbox hardware is selling worse and worse, that’s diminishing returns. Put the games on PC a year after launch and get the best of all worlds. Don’t waste time porting to the lowest selling console.

I agree XB is the worst performing console but with COD coming to gamepass, that decision could be short sighted if that starts moving consoles, especially the series S to people upgrading from PS4s. It does take time to get a port right even though the architecture is pretty much identical on all platforms these days. Like I said, now is not the time to leave any money on the table.

Sony owns the Horizon IP and you think it has nothing to do with them?

Are you saying then that Lego also thinks Xbox isn’t worth bothering about?

Lego likely insisted that as Nintendo Switch is the biggest audience of Lego games, they want the game to be released Switch. Lego games have always been games developed as kiddie games (which I presume this one will be as I can't see Lego allowing anything else), and as the age demographic of Nintendo Switch is 10 to 12 year olds, makes sense Lego would insist on this game being released to Switch to cater for the younger Lego game audience.

As for Xbox not having Lego, everyone knows that typical Sony MO. Sony have also probably realised that even if it were to be released on Xbox, its likely to not sell well as when it competes with all the other Xbox 1st party games, Lego isn't really a winning game here to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom