Xbox Predicts 'Hardware Decline' Despite Huge Revenue Boost From ActiBlizz

Yeah, as of today, Amazon Prime Video costs me an additional £3 per month to just not have ads.

What do you mean by "windowing content"?

Like keeping big budget shows or movies exclusive to higher paying tiers, timed or otherwise.

Streaming services generally are not profitable, I believe Netflix is the only one that has managed to turn a profit in recent years. Music streaming services, I don't know what they're going to do, but they are really struggling to make it work. On the video streaming side they're looking to do things like advertising tiers, windowing content on higher paid tiers, making it harder to cancel subs - big changes are coming.

There’s definitely a problem of late comers to the party struggling in general, but there’s also a very difference between not breaking even and not making enough profit to keep shareholders happy.

Layoffs don’t always mean a company is in trouble, often it just means the shareholders are greedy.

It’s always going to be a long game needing deep pockets and there will need to be losers for there to be winners… but winners there will be.

Apple will lose billions of dollars on its streaming TV services for years to come, making a material dent in the company’s earnings performance, Barclays says.

This is unfortunately a paywalled site that I’ve also never heard of.

Apple seem to be very happy with the metrics on Apple TV+ and you need to burn billions to make billions.

It's a general trend and much discussed recently - will be interesting to see how things move on. Personally hoping for some consolidation, tired of all these new services popping up, it's cable all over again. I think I read somewhere recently that Paramount and HBO were considering merging streaming services.

It’s definitely becoming oversaturated but that’s how any industry works.

I believe it’s actually Paramount and Apple who were in talks about some kind of bundling setup.

Part of the problem is also everyone and their own bloody App. If Netflix got onboard with Apple’s original “TV” vision the whole thing would have been a bit less messy now.

Bizarrely the one thing nobody wanted or needed Showmax, seems like it might actually survive and go green in the next few years while DSTV implodes right next to it. They made all the right deals with all the right people and then add a bit of local on top.

Music is a whole different story, but I think also a case of just too many players now and an easier market to get into.

Phil comes out with corporate speak:

Considering he doesn’t just outright deny everything clearly means there’s a lot of truth to the rumors. Of course as a listed company he can’t just say what he wants but if it were just rumors he’d have squashed them.

I don’t think Phil is going to be in charge for much longer.

Phil comes out with corporate speak:

Considering he doesn’t just outright deny everything clearly means there’s a lot of truth to the rumors. Of course as a listed company he can’t just say what he wants but if it were just rumors he’d have squashed them.

I think it will be a storm in a teacup.

Timed releases on PS and Switch, CoD not coming to GP.

I did not sign up for GP for CoD so that does not bother me, it will be a nice to have.

Agreed. Spencer was appointed 10 years ago, he had his time and XBox declining hardware sale and ATVI acquisition is going to demand a faster ROI than ever before.
Technically, his not delivering value to shareholders.

I did not sign up for GP for CoD so that does not bother me, it will be a nice to have.
You didn't, but a lot of people did.
I think it will be a storm in a teacup.
They will have some sort of plan i'm sure, but once again it just seems like Xbox don't know what they are doing.
Technically, his not delivering value to shareholders.
It's only been a minute since they got the deal through but at $80b i'm sure a lot of people are expecting some thing great quickly.

Everyone has it wrong.

Phil is gonna come out and say "We are buying Sony, hence why all the XB exclusives will be on PlayStation"

You heard it here first folks

Back
Top Bottom