Poll: Rate this game:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Default Xenoblade

The following information was leaked from Nintendo's restricted E3 press site. I assume they'll also be showing it on the floor.

It's obviously still early in development but the art design is fab-tastic!

Monado is being developed by Monolith Software, previously responsible for the Xenosaga series on Ps2, the Baten Kaitos series on Gamecube, and one of my favourite games of this gen, Disaster: Day of Crisis. These guys have a lot of experience at creating fantastic RPG's, so I'm confident we can expect the best with this one.

Also, rumours suggest that Yasumi Matsuno and Hitoshi Sakimoto could be working on this title.

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Default Re: Xenoblade

At the same time Hironobu Sakaguchi was leaking The Last Story, Nintendo revealed the game at a shareholders conference in Japan. Also discussed at the conference were Metroid: Other M and Monado: Beginning of the World. While we didn't get much new information with regards to Metroid, it was announced that Monado would be undergoing a name change.

The new title is Xenoblade.

It was originally shown at E3 2009 with the title Monado: The Beginning of the World. But one little switcheroo and it’ll probably sell twice the copies. Nintendo’s not even going to bother saying that the name change is a coincidence. “We decided to call it Xenoblade to honor Mr. Tetsuya Takahashi who poured his soul into making this and who has been working on the Xeno series,” said Iwata.
    With the game being developed by Monolith Software, the studio behind classic role-playing games Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy, it was understandable that this announcement had fans frothing at the mouth.

The following downloads were taken from the Official Site. The site is otherwise still a bit sparse.

Wallpapers

Robot Fight

Field with Sword

Music

Xenoblade Theme

It seems Wii are going to be drowning in high quality RPG's this year!

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Thanks to GoNintendo we now have fuzzy photographs of an article in the newest issue of Famitsu! Yay!

Click the pics for larger versions.

Super Moderator
    ゼロボクサーです。
    Game IDs
    Experience

I must say, it does look rather promising. Then again, coming from Takahashi's stable one can only expect good things.
    ON Hidden Content #ニンテンドー

Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

I want this so much !

This is not actually what my face looks like
    Experience

Default Re: Xenoblade MASSIVE news (pun intended)

GoNintendo and Famitsu:

- "The world setting, story and other elements have no relation (to past Xeno games). It's a completely new title." - Xenoblade director Tetsuya Takahashi
    - Takahashi feels that past Monolith titles have focused on events and scenarios, and this development path was a dead end
    - Xenoblade started off with the dev team examining the origins of the RPG genre, and creating a game that was simply fun
    - Why does this game have 'Xeno' in the title? "I wanted to to have some sort of common point with the games I've made."
    - "Xeno" has the meaning of "different nature" or "uniqueness"
    - the 'blade' portion of the name is explained in the game's ending
    - background story involves two gods that fought a great battle tens of thousands of years ago
    - the end of this battle resulted in two giant corpses, which happen to be the setting for this game
    - "It seemed like it would be enjoyable to adventure on top of the body of a giant god." h
    - Mr. Takahashi was inspired by Soma Bringer for his giant god idea, and started to work on design documents right away
    - a model of the two gods (one with wings) was created in order to better give a sense of what's going on
    - the two gods are frozen in battle, with swords clashing against one another
    - the model was created before game development began. "It was of great help when explaining the project to Nintendo."
    - the entire game takes place on the two gods, and you'll find nothing but ocean surrounding them. There's not even any outer space to speak of.
    - the game world is about the size of Japan
    - areas of the world open up as you explore
    - you'll be able to go inside one of the gods
    - verticality is a big part of Xenoblade. "From the start of the project, we thought it would be interesting if we could make use of a vertical construction."
    - Areas of the world correspond to parts of the gods' bodies
    - you'll also experience different weather and varied monster ecolog
    - you can head to the top of one of the gods to see an aurora
    - the people that live on the different gods are fighting with each other
    - one god is a home to organic life (where the main character is from), and the other is home to mechanical life
    - story beginning: "It's simple -- the fight against mechanical life that threatens the peace of mankind."
    - the game kicks off in a cave on the foot of one god
    - your aim is to make it to the god's head
    - the game keeps track of where you should be going for both the main quest and side quests
    - use warps to transport back to older areas
    - specific systems in place to keep you from getting lost
    - seamless world movement: "We've put effort into this, because we felt that in order to show a living world, we needed an overwhelming sense of scale, like that of an MMORPG."
    - gain experience for exploring special areas that include monsters that can't be defeated at first. Level up and return to take these foes down.
    - enemies visible in the game world, encounter one and you seamlessly transition to battle
    - nearby enemies can join in on battles
    - journey with two AI-controlled characters
    - select special skills (called Arts) for your AI party members
    - your character performs attacks automatically
    - Arts - attack skills, recovery skills and more
    - 50 to 60 hours of gameplay
    - Takahashi promises you won't spend endless amounts of time grinding or engaging in event scenes
    The epicness continues with HQ screens:

(Check how you can see other parts of these "gods" in the distance)
    http://wii.gaming-universe.de/screengalerie/15151.jpg
    http://wii.gaming-universe.de/screengalerie/15150.jpg

The whole "size of Japan" thing sounds a bit dodge to me but otherwise... wow, it looks amazing! I am so hyped!!!!! Excitement = very yes.

EDIT:
    Your (well mine at least) new wallpaper: http://fushi.x0.com/nintendo_thread/...inup_00717.jpg

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Awesome stuff!

If anyone wants to get a taste of what these guys can do with an RPG I suggest you track down copies of Monolith Soft's Gamecube masterpieces, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and its prequel, Baten Kaitos Origins. Both are brilliant games with similarly epic settings and storylines to Xenoblade.

Very Senior Member
    Experience

New logo!

New trailer!

AMAZING!!

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Click the images below for larger versions.

Additional information

- Monolithsoft estimates the game to be 70-80 hours long, over 100 hours if you decide to enjoy all the optional content.

- The entire world in Xenoblade is "seamless" and all areas flow naturally and continuously. But there are loading breaks when you travel between major areas. Major areas are defined as different body parts of the two gods. So travelling from the region of the lower leg up to the knee area, there will be loading.

- The battles are all in realtime and seamless as well. No transitions or break, and you can see enemies roaming on the fields. When you attack enemies normally, you use auto-attack which makes the character automatically attack the targeted enemy continuously with regular attacks. If you manage to move behind an enemy or to the enemy's sides, you can trigger special attacks called Arts.

- Xenoblade's soundtrack is composed by Yoko Shimomura, and she's the only one mentioned in relation to the pre-order "special soundtrack" bonus. If there are other composers involved, they haven't been mentioned, but it's clear she's the main composer.

Experience

Wow, looks really good! I love the case cover and the screenshots looks awesome too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast