Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11415758596061

Thread: General 3DS discussion

Experience

Nintendo says it'll keep supporting the 3DS until the Switch becomes a 'one-per-person system

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo...--501467.phtml

2. Saying Thanks:

Aki (May 4th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    Nintendo says it'll keep supporting the 3DS until the Switch becomes a 'one-per-person system

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo...--501467.phtml
    I’m happy and I see Altus is still making a ton of games for the system but I just don’t see it selling more and more units especially not here in SA

4. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (May 5th, 2018)  

Oupa
    I love you Mr. Bubz.
    Experience

Hmmm, quiet here. Anyway, I am MAYBE considering getting back into the portable scene again, but am not sure. There are so many different versions of the DS. Either thought of getting a DS Lite, so I can still play some old Game Boy Advance games + DS games (obviously not the latest stuff), or going as new as possible (new 2DS XL), but am not sure. I really liked my old Game Boy Advance SP and the games I had for it (regret selling it 2 years ago honestly), but it seems like since after that with the DS there isn't the same variety, only focussing on RPGs and Nintendo only games, or is that just me?

Experience

The GBA had tons of games but not all of them were quality games. The DS lineup is pretty strong and I still have many games to catch up on. Which games on the GBA in particular do you feel have no alternatives or similar on the DS?

7. Saying Thanks:

Riggidig (July 4th, 2018)  

Oupa
    I love you Mr. Bubz.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LazyDemoni View Post
    The GBA had tons of games but not all of them were quality games. The DS lineup is pretty strong and I still have many games to catch up on. Which games on the GBA in particular do you feel have no alternatives or similar on the DS?
    The last couple of games I owned on the Advance were Super Mario Kart, Astro Boy, Ecks vs Sever, Tekken Advance, Wade Hixton's Punch Out, Jackie Chan Adventures, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Sonic Advance if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Riggidig; July 4th, 2018 at 05:39 PM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Riggidig View Post
    The last couple of games I owned on the Advance were Super Mario Kart, Astro Boy, Ecks vs Sever, Tekken Advance, Wade Hixton's Punch Out, Jackie Chan Adventures, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Sonic Advance if I recall correctly.
    Well you could always get mario kart and astro boy relatively easily second hand for the ds.....the others yeaa not really. Would probably have to go with GBA versions if you could find them. I get what you mean though. Like with Nightmare before Christmas GBA ugh that game was amaaazing, then I went to the ds and just couldn't really replace that one...it's a bit of a tough one....If you are going to rebuy GBA games then obviously go for the Ds Lite....but I probably have more games for the 3ds than ds (Which wasn't what I had expected when the 3ds came out) I personally found it difficult to go back to most GBA games/quality after playing 3ds games.....There's been quite a few nice sales of 3ds games, where it was actually cheaper for me to buy the 3ds version of the game than the ds version. There's always dragon quest, chrono trigger, world ends with you, final fantasies etc on the DS which were quite similar to GBA adventure games. If you don't already have GBA games sitting int the cupboard that you're wanting to play right now I'd go with getting 2ds XL first. While there's still a nice variety of 3ds games on the market.

10. Saying Thanks:

Riggidig (July 8th, 2018)  

Experience

The DS and Gameboy advance are my favourite systems, but i find DS games easier and at better prices.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11415758596061