Poll: As a permanent employee, how much of an annual increase do you get every year?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920

Thread: As a permanent employee, how much of an annual increase do you get every year?

Experience

My first year was 10%, but last year was 5%. I hope it's not so low again this year.

Experience

Normally around 8% in March and a bonus in December

Gaming Wizard
    I need something new!
    Game IDs
    Experience

wonder what Ramaphosa will allow us to have
    [CENTER]Hidden Content

"We wanted our Xbox-playing friends involved, but then we realized there was a fairly decent chance their consoles are broken, so we decided to keep this a strictly PS3 affair."

Silent Step...Shadow Step...Ninja Step......Dood.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by scienide View Post
    wonder what Ramaphosa will allow us to have
    Listereosis

Experience

First year was 12% every year after that between 6 & 7.5 %
    But since I started as a Rep for the same company no increase. Commission only

-_-
    Game IDs
    Experience

You lucky Fishies that got even a 4% increase, For two years running we got no increases "due to financial constraints" and I've had to make serious cuts to my budget (and sadly my gaming spending) due to it.
    Gimme beer, gimme fibre, gimme games that I desire!
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by i.r.polly View Post
    You lucky Fishies that got even a 4% increase, For two years running we got no increases "due to financial constraints" and I've had to make serious cuts to my budget (and sadly my gaming spending) due to it.
    That is always a sign of a sinking ship to me and retrenchments around the corner.

I would get the hell out.

It shouldn't be about "luck" at all.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

8. Saying Thanks:

i.r.polly (May 14th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    That is always a sign of a sinking ship to me and retrenchments around the corner.

I would get the hell out.

It shouldn't be about "luck" at all.
    I definitely do not agree with your comment at all!

I won't comment about the 2-years running side of things, but management/owners that run a business responsibly should make difficult and practical decisions about limiting costs/expenses for the longer term benefits and viability of a business. Employees have short memories, they forget when they get 20% (or higher) year on year increases, and at the first sign of trouble they jump ship.

I wouldn't hesitate in telling my staff that increases are being curtailed during an economic downturn - much smarter option than retrenching or closing! Each business and situation is unique. I know people earning peanuts that are very happy, and I know people earning "F-U" money and they are miserable, choose your poison.

Get the hell out if you're unhappy. Stick around and make it work if you are happy and trust your employer.

10. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (May 11th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    I definitely do not agree with your comment at all!

I won't comment about the 2-years running side of things, but management/owners that run a business responsibly should make difficult and practical decisions about limiting costs/expenses for the longer term benefits and viability of a business. Employees have short memories, they forget when they get 20% (or higher) year on year increases, and at the first sign of trouble they jump ship.

I wouldn't hesitate in telling my staff that increases are being curtailed during an economic downturn - much smarter option than retrenching or closing! Each business and situation is unique. I know people earning peanuts that are very happy, and I know people earning "F-U" money and they are miserable, choose your poison.

Get the hell out if you're unhappy. Stick around and make it work if you are happy and trust your employer.
    I think you are approaching this from a smaller business mindset where I'm rather referring to enterprise size.

The 20% increase mention tells me that because that only happens in smaller setups. Large enterprise never goes for that without a promotion or new starter.

So yes I do actually agree with you. In the smaller business where you have a direct relationship with everyone and their input also makes or breaks things then it can certainly be a different story but then at the same time they would be privy to the inner workings of the company and have more visibility of where things are going.

However when it's the faceless corporation class where you are just number it's a very bad sign when no increases happen and in my experience retrenchments are just around the corner as I've seen happen numerous times now. Then it's a sign of gross mismanagement or a failing industry and quite often beyond repair and just a matter of time.

It comes back to not being about luck though. If it's a smaller business that people are deeply entrenched in then they will be able to make informed decisions as they can see what's happening in front of them.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

12. Saying Thanks:

Anzarrah (August 7th, 2018)  

Confused
    Experience

Normally between 7%-10%, but this year, I got 0%. #Winning
    Hidden Content
    My Dog Thinks He Is Human;
    My Cat Thinks He Is God

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920