View Poll Results: Will SA do us proud or choke at the World Cup this year ?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • We gonna choke

31 43.06%
  • The boys will do us proud

41 56.94%
Page 730 of 730 FirstFirst ... 230630680710726727728729730
Results 7,291 to 7,296 of 7296

Thread: General Cricket Thread

Gaming Wizard
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    This is what I think, personally:

Reason 1 Transformation: Yes he played enough to prove himself and he is good enough to play at the highest level but soon Ngidi will be back and they will let him go, then why would you blame transformation Transformer, he had his chance? Well, is not transformation itself but the negativity around it since it creates a "bad" environment around players at a professional level. I've played provincial league when I was in Varsity, and believe me, it even created a negative environment at our lower level, bunch of factors regarding players not being good enough, or this player should play here but doesn't, not just white players but black players too as they "question" themselves if they are good enough or not.

Transformation is a good thing for sports, however the Government totally missed the ball on this one, you can't expect it to work if you start to implement it right at the top. If they did it right from day 1 it would've been a success, and I'm afraid to say we are starting to see the "negative creation" of Transformation in ALL of our sport in South Africa, everything is going backwards... People think when I blame transformation I blame blacks or the quota players, that's incorrect as I blame the way it was done and the hatred of the Government to implement it before doing any proper research. Everyone is effected by it, sponsors, players, coaches, selectors, spectators, families, kids at schools. Their system is failing.

Reason 2 Selectors & CSA: I personally think the selectors favors a few players more than others. Coaches also play a big role as I believe there is a few "buddies" out there which is being treated way better than some of the other players. You actually get this in every sport.

Reason 3 Safety & South Africa as a whole: Safe to say that everyone will agree with this one as crime is this country is out of hand, and lets be honest, who wants a corrupt & useless Government like the one we currently have..

We can add more reasons like, players getting to big for the game, or even more money, but I personally think these 3 are the major reasons...

Feel free to add more "reason''
    Patriotism is overrated. Especially in recent times and especially in South Africa. The way sporting bodies are being run, let alone the government, I laugh at people that actually question his decision. I would question his sanity had he not signed the deal. CSA should be striving to pay players what they could earn elsewhere, or at least close to it (considering the exchange rates), but instead, you have administrators that are running it into the ground and pillaging wherever possible. Just like the government does to the country. **** CSA for stating their disappointment in Duanne. Get your house in order and put playing for the country back on the high pedestal it used to rest on.

2. Saying Thanks:

Ra33z_19 (March 1st, 2019),  Transformer09 (February 28th, 2019),  WarGod ZA (March 1st, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    Unbowed Unbent Unbroken
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    Patriotism is overrated. Especially in recent times and especially in South Africa. The way sporting bodies are being run, let alone the government, I laugh at people that actually question his decision. I would question his sanity had he not signed the deal. CSA should be striving to pay players what they could earn elsewhere, or at least close to it (considering the exchange rates), but instead, you have administrators that are running it into the ground and pillaging wherever possible. Just like the government does to the country. **** CSA for stating their disappointment in Duanne. Get your house in order and put playing for the country back on the high pedestal it used to rest on.
    Totally agree with you here.

Patriotism is an outdated concept and should not be a factor when guys like Kyle Abbott and Duanne Olivier make these kinds of decisions. They have the freedom to look out for what is best for themselves and their families, and if CSA can't or are not willing to match the foreign contract offers, the cricketers can't be painted in a negative light then.

4. Saying Thanks:

GB9 (March 1st, 2019)  

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Well if we continue to bat like that we ain't gonna win the World Cup.

Good win though! de Kock batted brilliantly, pity he missed out on the ton though.

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Well if we continue to bat like that we ain't gonna win the World Cup.

Good win though! de Kock batted brilliantly, pity he missed out on the ton though.
    Lol in his last 7 at bats he's scored over 80 5 times (and a 55) with no hundreds. So he's in some serious form but can't get over that little line.

Not good going from 220/4 to 251/10. That middle-lower order needs to step up.

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Wow we had a long tail today, but I guess they are just testing out the all-rounders. Both Pretorius and Andile look good.

Decent score, we should win this. And finally Quinton gets his ton, he was a happy chappy!

Experience

Thank goodness for Quinton. Well done team

Page 730 of 730 FirstFirst ... 230630680710726727728729730