Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797127143144145146147
Results 1,461 to 1,467 of 1467

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Oupa
    “Gib mir noch ein Glas! Füll es bis zum Rand! Und trinkt mit mir aufs Leben!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mantis za View Post
    Is it unwarranted though?

You might find redeeming qualities in the game but doesn't ignore the issues it has, most people on base consoles can't even play it, well it's functional but far from acceptable, that's objectively bad.

And whilst yes 100 percent some people enjoyed their experience, majority of those are on PC where you don't have the double whammy of **** performance and game breaking bugs.

The narrative is subjective if you like it you like it if you don't you don't, doesn't make it a bad experience.

That's not black or white more of a grey area and that's where opinions lie, ie in my opinion this game is better than that game.
    Wall of text (aka babbling) warning XD

What's "acceptable" is obviously subjective too though.

Most PC gamers are quick to call all console games unacceptable, because they run sub-60 frames.

Someone else may feel game X is unacceptable because it doesn't have an FOV slider.

Bethesda games are also bug-ridden, but regularly applauded for how great they are.

Point stands, stating it's "objectively" one thing, and then using opinions to validate it, makes it subjective.

Whether you like it or not is your prerogative though. We, myself and some arguing with you, have an issue with you stating an opinion as a fact, not the opinion itself.

You dislike the game you didn't play, because you watched a YouTuber that hit a rough patch. That's okay. You're entitled to that opinion. It doesn't make it objective though.

Similar vein, I can say I dislike FFXV because of reasons XYZ. It launched exclusive to PS and ran like trash before some patches too. Metacritic shows a different story though, and even the thread on here shows people enjoyed it. Subjectively, it's a crap FF game. Objectively, it is not.

Just for ****s and giggles though, I checked the metacritic reviews on the two base consoles. Xbox users rated it roughly 50/50 positive vs negative (1600 to 1900)
    PlayStation is worst off (2700 to 6200).
    PC as shown above is best (18500 to 6900)

So positive versus negative is 22 800 vs 15 000. Objectively the game's pros outweigh it's cons, regardless of my feelings toward it.

Do I agree with how it was launched, no. Does CDPR deserve the refunds, delisting, lawsuits coming their way? Yes. They knew what they were doing hiding reviews, footage, making leading statements prior to launch, crunching employees, promising no more delays, etc.
    I can objectively seperate that catastrophe from what the game is though.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

2. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (Yesterday),  mantis za (Yesterday)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    This ^.

Could not have said it better myself.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (Today),  UrBaN (Yesterday)  

Gaming Wizard
    Wear my heart on my sleeve
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Wall of text (aka babbling) warning XD

What's "acceptable" is obviously subjective too though.

Most PC gamers are quick to call all console games unacceptable, because they run sub-60 frames.

Someone else may feel game X is unacceptable because it doesn't have an FOV slider.

Bethesda games are also bug-ridden, but regularly applauded for how great they are.

Point stands, stating it's "objectively" one thing, and then using opinions to validate it, makes it subjective.

Whether you like it or not is your prerogative though. We, myself and some arguing with you, have an issue with you stating an opinion as a fact, not the opinion itself.

You dislike the game you didn't play, because you watched a YouTuber that hit a rough patch. That's okay. You're entitled to that opinion. It doesn't make it objective though.

Similar vein, I can say I dislike FFXV because of reasons XYZ. It launched exclusive to PS and ran like trash before some patches too. Metacritic shows a different story though, and even the thread on here shows people enjoyed it. Subjectively, it's a crap FF game. Objectively, it is not.

Just for ****s and giggles though, I checked the metacritic reviews on the two base consoles. Xbox users rated it roughly 50/50 positive vs negative (1600 to 1900)
    PlayStation is worst off (2700 to 6200).
    PC as shown above is best (18500 to 6900)

So positive versus negative is 22 800 vs 15 000. Objectively the game's pros outweigh it's cons, regardless of my feelings toward it.

Do I agree with how it was launched, no. Does CDPR deserve the refunds, delisting, lawsuits coming their way? Yes. They knew what they were doing hiding reviews, footage, making leading statements prior to launch, crunching employees, promising no more delays, etc.
    I'm not arguing with anyone dude we are having a conversation

As for my opinion I have none, the only way I would have a subjective opinion on aspects of the game is If I played it.

The game has performance issues that's a fact, the game has bugs that's a fact , I didn't start any sentence with "in my opinion Cyberpunk is a bad game because it has bugs and terrible performance on previous gen consoles.

With regards to FFXV you are right objectively it's not a bad product it functions as intended the story and gameplay mechanics are subjective.

However FFXV didn't get pulled off PSN...

In hindsight I should have said it's objectively a bad product and not a bad game because if you iron out all the bugs and get it running at a suitable performance on ALL platforms then you probably have a good game that I might play one day.

@bokka1 anytime you feel like chiming in feel free dude, this isn't an argument just a convo
    Last edited by mantis za; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mantis is purposefully obtuse and stubborn, fuelled by fanboyism he will defend contrived rationale to the point of contradiction. Noman - 2019

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

I can only speak to my experience and it was bad.
    Crashes, glitches and bugs broke my immersion constantly.

The game on it's own is okay.

What also affected my experience was hype. I sometimes blame myself, but it is a fact that they lied. Not just on the game quality and polish, but gameplay aspects are missing.

They lied. And just because the product they delivered was good in certain areas and not a complete failure, doesn't give them a free pass.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Wear my heart on my sleeve
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Squidbeard View Post
    I can only speak to my experience and it was bad.
    Crashes, glitches and bugs broke my immersion constantly.

The game on it's own is okay.

What also affected my experience was hype. I sometimes blame myself, but there it is a fact that they lied. Not just on the game quality and polish, but gameplay aspects are missing.

They lied. And just because the product they delivered was good in certain areas and not a complete failure, doesn't give them a free pass.
    Yeah dude I don't really get hyped for games anymore because nine times out of ten it doesn't meet expectations but that's a me problem I guess.

Its part of the reason I dont Pre order anymore, I was skimming through the what game are you most looking forward to in 2021 and I was surprised to see Elden Ring but maybe it's because like you I don't fall for "hype" anymore.

What game am I looking forward to the most in 2021?
    Honestly Doom Eternal with a next gen patch.

Maybe I'm too jaded in my old age, I dunno.
    Last edited by mantis za; Yesterday at 08:09 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mantis is purposefully obtuse and stubborn, fuelled by fanboyism he will defend contrived rationale to the point of contradiction. Noman - 2019

Game IDs
    Experience

My point is that the game is not a total failure as some people suggest, I had a great time and can't wait for the next gen patch to complete the side quests I skipped and to do the other endings.

Could they have improved the game if they delayed it for another 6 months to a year? Yes, of course, there are bugs and glitches.

The driving is kak, I just stuck to the bikes.

If I had 60 crashes like @Squidbeard then I would have quit after 10, he is a more patient man than me.

BUT I had fun with the game and that is the most important aspect for me.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

9. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (Today),  UrBaN (Yesterday),  Wyvern (Yesterday)  

Oupa
    “Gib mir noch ein Glas! Füll es bis zum Rand! Und trinkt mit mir aufs Leben!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mantis za View Post
    I'm not arguing with anyone dude we are having a conversation

As for my opinion I have none, the only way I would have a subjective opinion on aspects of the game is If I played it.

The game has performance issues that's a fact, the game has bugs that's a fact , I didn't start any sentence with "in my opinion Cyberpunk is a bad game because it has bugs and terrible performance on previous gen consoles.

With regards to FFXV you are right objectively it's not a bad product it functions as intended the story and gameplay mechanics are subjective.

However FFXV didn't get pulled off PSN...

In hindsight I should have said it's objectively a bad product and not a bad game because if you iron out all the bugs and get it running at a suitable performance on ALL platforms then you probably have a good game that I might play one day.

@bokka1 anytime you feel like chiming in feel free dude, this isn't an argument just a convo
    The arguing statement was just a turn of phrase, debate, converse, exchanging words. Whichever picks your fancy

@FFXV not being pulled.
    I don't recall any game having been pulled before, and there have been some broken messes out there. Like NMS and even the infamous Life of Black Tiger. This isn't really a metric.

Then we agree that the use of the word 'objectively' was what was erroneous
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797127143144145146147