Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 3 includes micro-transactions for buying better weapons

Oupa
    Too lazy to climb up the water spout...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Aries1-Za View Post
    I also don't see a massive problem here, same as BF3, you can earn your gear or buy it like a noob...

I absolutely loved Dead Space 1, is it worth investing in the other 2 titles?
    Dead Space 2 is awesome! Buy it now!

2. Saying Thanks:

Aries1-Za (January 23rd, 2013),  felixbf (January 23rd, 2013),  vermillon (January 23rd, 2013)  

Banned
    :O behind you!!!!

Experience

My problem with a model of either you find it or you buy it, is that developers will favor the 'buy it' option, thus making it harder for people to find the item themselves....they WANT you to spend countless hours grinding away, and eventually getting so sick of grinding that you just cough up and buy the goods.

Problem is the grinding makes the game boring, you lose interest and its not fun....we can see this from what happened with Diablo 3.....now this shows to me that developers are starting to CHOOSE ways of milking the players wallets over making a game FUN....

Yes its the future of gaming, the rich have the best items and the poor spend hundreds of hours farming for these weapons.....rendering the game void of all fun....

good job guys...I remember the days when games where fun.

I could launch diablo 2 and LOVE grinding for gear because I actually found awesome items that made me literally mumble "NO WAY" to myself when reading its stats....
    I could rent a game from the video store and get just as much fun out of playing it for 1 day as I would if I owned that game...I didnt get stuck with rubbish gear and messages in game to buy items with real money..
    My mates and I would play counterstrike all weekend long, all the weapons where available if you earned the money in that round and could buy it....now there are tons of DLC's and things they purposely withhold to make you buy it...hell now some rich kid can get daddy to buy him all the unlocks in a game....where is the fun??

Gaming is not what it used to be...I used to have way more fun several years back gaming than I do now....sure I still enjoy it, there are the odd gems of awesome games that come out....but they arent like they used to be.....

4. Saying Thanks:

Buffel (January 23rd, 2013),  Goiki7 (January 23rd, 2013),  MarioAna (January 23rd, 2013),  Papelucho1982 (January 23rd, 2013),  riezo (January 23rd, 2013),  WhoDatNinja (January 23rd, 2013)  

Addicted Member
    The Wise PoisonMaster Never Licks His Fingers.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Aries1-Za View Post
    I also don't see a massive problem here, same as BF3, you can earn your gear or buy it like a noob...

I absolutely loved Dead Space 1, is it worth investing in the other 2 titles?
    Dead space 2 gets 20/10 IMO

6. Saying Thanks:

Aries1-Za (January 23rd, 2013),  Wlad (February 1st, 2013)  

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

I hate the micro transactions model, I will not buy DS3.

8. Saying Thanks:

riezo (January 23rd, 2013)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by keenest View Post
    I have to say this is total bull****. IAP in a full retail game? What next?
    Forcing you to watch ads for other EA games before you can progress to the next chapter. I imagine the horror would look something like this:

Dead Space 3 will continue after a word from our sponsors.

Indulge your Sims with the sweet and vibrant style of Katy Perry. The Sims™ 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats pack showcases a vast range of décor items, furniture, and, of course, fabulous fashions and hairstyles! Inspired by Katy’s real-life clothing and props, these fun furnishings, décor, and fashions will add a dash of sweet style to your Sims’ lives.

And now back to our original programming...

10. Saying Thanks:

felixbf (January 23rd, 2013),  keenest (January 23rd, 2013),  MarioAna (January 23rd, 2013),  Matty (January 23rd, 2013),  Papelucho1982 (January 23rd, 2013),  po10cySA (January 23rd, 2013)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    I hate the micro transactions model, I will not buy DS3.
    If you going for plat , then these will not be an issue as you will carry over your goods and cash .You should see Uncharted 3's 384 micro transactions for online ...@ R10 a pop really wtf !!! Now that is bad .
    StarKiller

12. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (January 23rd, 2013)  

Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by felixbf View Post
    If you going for plat , then these will not be an issue as you will carry over your goods and cash .You should see Uncharted 3's 384 micro transactions for online ...@ R10 a pop really wtf !!! Now that is bad .
    You don't need the transactions for the Uncharted 3 plat though. There are only 2 online trophies (one for playing a coop game and one for playing a competitive game) and neither require or encourage any pay in to earn.

As far as competitive online is concerned I'm fine with microtransactions. The MP runs off servers that the publisher need to pay for to keep up and running. It bothers me when microtransactions make their way into single player campaigns. We're already seeing where this can lead to...

"My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

14. Saying Thanks:

Buffel (January 23rd, 2013),  felixbf (January 23rd, 2013)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

it's not that i disagree with the micro transactions idea, it's just that i don't think it's a very ethical direction to be heading in, i mean those with the cash to buy extras will progress far faster and more easily than others? this is a game and this sounds far too much like real life for my tastes, EA must be basing their dead space 3 universe on the much disliked Republican political party that keeps trying to get a leg up in America

16. Saying Thanks:

felixbf (January 23rd, 2013)  

Experience

Default Re: Dead Space 3 includes micro-transactions for buying better weapons

Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    You don't need the transactions for the Uncharted 3 plat though. There are only 2 online trophies (one for playing a coop game and one for playing a competitive game) and neither require or encourage any pay in to earn.

As far as competitive online is concerned I'm fine with microtransactions. The MP runs off servers that the publisher need to pay for to keep up and running. It bothers me when microtransactions make their way into single player campaigns. We're already seeing where this can lead to...

Just saying micro transactions are not needed to buy weapons in the game or stop you from finishing the game buddy
    Micro transactions for casual gamers
    StarKiller

18. Saying Thanks:

riezo (January 23rd, 2013)  

Banned
    :O behind you!!!!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Forcing you to watch ads for other EA games before you can progress to the next chapter. I imagine the horror would look something like this:

Dead Space 3 will continue after a word from our sponsors.

Indulge your Sims with the sweet and vibrant style of Katy Perry. The Sims™ 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats pack showcases a vast range of décor items, furniture, and, of course, fabulous fashions and hairstyles! Inspired by Katy’s real-life clothing and props, these fun furnishings, décor, and fashions will add a dash of sweet style to your Sims’ lives.

And now back to our original programming...
    LOL either that or you are forced to complete a survey from a list of sponsors you selected when installing the game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast