Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on DeadSpace 3 demo ?

Addicted Member
    The Wise PoisonMaster Never Licks His Fingers.
    Experience

Default Thoughts on DeadSpace 3 demo ?

Just finished the demo and although i still love it I have the horrible feeling that its not going to be as scary as dead space or dead space 2 ? has anybody else got that feeling ?

Experience

They have bastardised the DS series with Co-op. This will become another Resident Evil. Gonna read some reviews before I make my decision.

3. Saying Thanks:

Cdaddy (January 23rd, 2013),  Lonthor (January 24th, 2013)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MAVADO View Post
    They have bastardised the DS series with Co-op. This will become another Resident Evil. Gonna read some reviews before I make my decision.
    Agree 200% with you. Why do they always have to do this?

But I tell you why... Electronic Arts... Thats why. EA insists on every game they release having MP. EA has ****ed up games for me for many many years now ever since Ultima 8 I have hated EA.

Dead Space is supposed to be pure survival horror - and that was what the first game was - perfectly, and I still play it to this day.
    Dead Space 2 was ok, but the horror element was greatly toned down in favor of more action. Dead Space 3 is going all out action. Sad day indeed.
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

5. Saying Thanks:

MAVADO (January 24th, 2013)  

Addicted Member
    Comedian of the Year 2013
    Praise the sun! \|--|/
    Game IDs
    Experience

Played the demo (Ps3) at a mates house last night,so here's my impression of the demo:

• The game is trying too hard to be Uncharted, but it doesn't pull it off.
    • Pointless QTEs. Blegh
    • Weapon Crafting - I'm indifferent about it. I don't think I've ever cared about this sort of thing in any game ever so it is what it is I guess.
    • Graphics were mixed. I didn't do a side-by-side comparison or anything, but I feel like the older games looked better. Then again, they had the benefit of mostly being in enclosed spaces. Point is, I wasn't impressed by the visuals.
    • Framerate dropped pretty badly early on in the demo. This is disappointing since the previous games were rock solid on the PS3.
    • Any feeling of isolation is entirely absent.
    • Necromorph enemies with guns gave me flashbacks of Resident Evil 5.
    • Actual combat plays out the same. Shoot the limbs on basic enemies, shoot the orange glowy things on bosses, etc.
    • Human enemies are dull enemies. Threeway fights could be interesting, but I mainly just waited encounters out and picked off the survivors. Just seems more efficient.
    • Also, I thought the early walk-slowly-in-the-snow section was dumb since you can just aim to move normally.

So yeah..I don't really know what to think of it..But it was just a demo,will wait for reviews on the full game.

But at the moment it's a bargain bin buy for me. (EA game's prices usually drops fast in S.A)

7. Saying Thanks:

Spidersmoke (January 24th, 2013),  WhoDatNinja (January 24th, 2013)  

Oupa
    Too lazy to climb up the water spout...
    Game IDs
    Experience

@D4RKL1NGza everything I was afraid of (and not in a good way) Can't believe they have done this

Addicted Member
    Comedian of the Year 2013
    Praise the sun! \|--|/
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Spidersmoke View Post
    @D4RKL1NGza everything I was afraid of (and not in a good way) Can't believe they have done this
    I'm not saying it's really bad.. It's just really sad that a great game like Dead Space 1 is being EA'd so hard that it's turning into a Michael Bay movie.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by D4RKL1NGza View Post
    I'm not saying it's really bad.. It's just really sad that a great game like Dead Space 1 is being EA'd so hard that it's turning into a Michael Bay movie.
    I know what you mean. But I liked it for what it was. Same reason I stopped buying COD after MW2. They just went bat sh** crazy with the action sequences. So I guess my last hope for some scares next month is Aliens: CM

Game IDs
    Experience

The demo was just one action sequence to the next. No horror survival at all. If the whole game is like that, no thanks.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Lonthor View Post
    The demo was just one action sequence to the next. No horror survival at all. If the whole game is like that, no thanks.

Game IDs
    Experience

I will still get it even though I agree on all the bad point. No matter what it can only be a 100000 times better than Resident Evil 6.

And D4rkling, you say enemies with guns remind you of Resident Evil 5?.... I guess you forgot about the 40% of zombies with machine guns in RE6.
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast