Poll: Which F1 team do you support?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 556 of 556 FirstFirst ... 56456506536552553554555556
Results 5,551 to 5,557 of 5557

Thread: The Formula 1 thread

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    Look that’s valid. However, his teammate, in the same car, was nowhere near him.

Let’s not look past his mid-race strategizing, his ability to preserve tyres far better than anyone else on the grid and his overall consistency. That alone wins him races and thus championships.

LeClerc is extremely fast, until he’s out the race. Verstappen is extremely fast until he drives into someone attempting a late breaking move that was never there to be made. Is he out-and-out the fastest guy in the track? Possibly yes. But even if he’s top three in speed, he’s number 1 for consistency and that’s a bigger factor in this sport.
    Agreed. Not making mistakes under pressure is a big part of winning championships and Hamilton is as good under pressure the last couple of years as Schumacher was during his Ferrari years imo. Fast, and very good under pressure...limiting mistakes etc.

That comes with experience though and Verstappen will also get there eventually. Hamilton was similar early in his career and so was all the legends before him.

Just want a season where it isn't apparent after 3 races that unless something out of the ordinary happens it will be another Hamilton Mercedes championship year.

That all said I want to see how solid Hamilton is when the championship is really on the line with 1 or 2 races to go as that is a whole other level of pressure and imo one of the areas where someone like Schumacher struggled. Whenever the championship was on the line in 94,97,98 and to some extent 03 the cracks did appear.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

2. Saying Thanks:

UrBaN (Today),  Wyvern (Today)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Impossible to tell, Perez might be the fastest driver out there, or possibly Russel. I'd back Ricciardo given the same cars. As for Ham, well he's won 6 and yes it's been in the best car but you still have to go out there and do it. Then again he did lose one to Rosberg.
    Ironically back in the karting days, sure not F1 and much simpler I suppose, the driver that consistently won between the likes of Verstappen, Leclerc etc. was Albon.

And as you say we'll never know which sucks, think it would be a great spectacle maybe at the end of the season where F1 has one weekend dedicated to some fun...short sprints, challenges, quali laps at one circuit (can be different from year to year) with the same car etc. Similar to US sports' all star weekends where NFL or NBA players do some challenges. Especially in the NFL it really brings to the fore who has the some real skills and it is almost never the guys who's team performed the best during the season.

Maybe something similar to race of the champions but just with F1 cars...I would be all over something like that and quite confident most fans would tune in and enjoy.

EDIT: Just the way a car was developed can hinder a racer. Fisichella always complained and underperformed because Renault concentrated to build the car the way Alonso likes it. So did Ferrari with Schumacher, pretty sure Merc does the same with Hamilton. Vettel is spinning so much not because he lost his ability but the Red Bull back in the day was much more rear planted than the Ferrari these days hence why he is spinning out more.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

4. Saying Thanks:

UrBaN (Today),  Wyvern (Today)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I'm a simple man....just give me good following distances between everyone and let the rest happen naturally.

Of course I'd favor another Ham win but would do anything to get my heart pumping for overtakes and cars chasing down one another. I'm so curious to see the performance gains that Merc mentioned last year and if it's realised along with Honda

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    Look that’s valid. However, his teammate, in the same car, was nowhere near him.

Let’s not look past his mid-race strategizing, his ability to preserve tyres far better than anyone else on the grid and his overall consistency. That alone wins him races and thus championships.

LeClerc is extremely fast, until he’s out the race. Verstappen is extremely fast until he drives into someone attempting a late breaking move that was never there to be made. Is he out-and-out the fastest guy in the track? Possibly yes. But even if he’s top three in speed, he’s number 1 for consistency and that’s a bigger factor in this sport.
    Bottas is kak.

End of story.

Rosberg beat Hamilton and he did so against the teams wishes and support.

Absolute monster year he had to take down Ham.

Hamilton also hissy-fit so much that the two no longer can be friends.

7. Saying Thanks:

Wyvern (Today)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Bottas is kak.

End of story.

Rosberg beat Hamilton and he did so against the teams wishes and support.

Absolute monster year he had to take down Ham.

Hamilton also hissy-fit so much that the two no longer can be friends.
    Monster of a year indeed coupled with Mercs most unreliable year. Not taking away from the guy, I admire what Rosenberg was capible of but yeah....Bottas isn't mentally close to either driver.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Soprono View Post
    Monster of a year indeed coupled with Mercs most unreliable year. Not taking away from the guy, I admire what Rosenberg was capible of but yeah....Bottas isn't mentally close to either driver.
    Had high, high hopes with "Bottas v2.0" and the guy mentally fell apart so bad even his marriage hit the skids.

(I feel sorry for him, it's really tough on guys who are married in this sport) but jeez.

I was extremely dissapointed, well done to Hamilton who just cruised through his worst year and still won comfortably.

Red Bulls and Ferrari need to have squeaky clean years if they're to compete.

But I'm hopeful this year will be a tight fight - that is all I want, no matter who wins, just keep it interesting, so utterly crushing if the season ends with 4-6 races left really.

10. Saying Thanks:

JoeMoer (Today)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Had high, high hopes with "Bottas v2.0" and the guy mentally fell apart so bad even his marriage hit the skids.

(I feel sorry for him, it's really tough on guys who are married in this sport) but jeez.

I was extremely dissapointed, well done to Hamilton who just cruised through his worst year and still won comfortably.

Red Bulls and Ferrari need to have squeaky clean years if they're to compete.

But I'm hopeful this year will be a tight fight - that is all I want, no matter who wins, just keep it interesting, so utterly crushing if the season ends with 4-6 races left really.
    Def dude and I see he is already dating another lady again, something that I think is extremely difficult to balance in this sport so I hope he can get into the right mindset for the season, we shall see I guess.

You summed it up perfectly dude. Zero issues for Ham to take it again just make the fight worth it, till the end not a run away title.

12. Saying Thanks:

WarGod ZA (Today)  

Page 556 of 556 FirstFirst ... 56456506536552553554555556