Poll: How many tries did it take for you to get your drivers license?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819

Thread: How many tries did it take for you to get your drivers license?

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

3rd time lucky for me,

First time the dude made me do an emergency stop on an uphill, and I drove off and rolled back 2cm probably

2nd time they told me I failed as soon as I started, parked on the hill start beginning and failed before I started. Corruption.

3rd time passed no problem.

Experience

Learner's one time, drivers second. I think my mind has corrupted the actual events over the years but when I was 18 I swear the officer told me to turn up a one way which I did and failed.

3. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (January 19th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Taking joyrides on weekends around the block when I was 16 paid off because I nailed my drivers 1st time

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Learners 1st time, easy peasy, license 2nd time, the first time there was a was very violent thunderstorm with rain pouring down like mad, those wipers on full speed and still can't see anything type rain storms, on the parallel parking I could not see the cone and missed the turn and failed on the spot. *sigh*. 2nd time it was Sunny could see everything and passed without a hitch.

Gran gave me her old car, old 1976 Toyota Corolla 2 door which fell apart, learned a lot about motors back then, took that whole engine out stripped, cleaned and put back together with new gaskets, seals, etc, refurbished the carb that baby was purring like a kitten. The whole exhaust system from the manifold rusted through, had to have the manifold custom made since car was to old.

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Twice. Failed due to rolling back a bit at the up hill, and that's all I did wrong.

I will say that I think K53 in general, especially the 7 point checks are completely useless, and probably catered for a population of 100 people in a small town, where traffic is 3 cars at the stop street, but in majorly populated areas, if we had to do 7 point checks, people would take a year to drive to work.

With that said though, the amount of idiots on the road that do not adhere to the most basic things is an eternal frustration to me, such as switching lanes without indicating, driving over solid white lines, driving in turn only lanes to push into straight lanes, congesting the turning lane, cutting in front of you while you are maintaining safe following distance on the highway, then slamming on the breaks because they cannot keep distance, and worst of all, the traffic texters, who are permanently glued to their phones on the road.

I wish cars had a point system installed where your license gets automatically flagged when you are in contravention of the most basic road rules, and gets revoked after too many incidents.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819