Poll: How many tries did it take for you to get your drivers license?

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021 LastLast

Thread: How many tries did it take for you to get your drivers license?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Why not just do the test with an auto?
    I need a Manual License for a promotional position.
    Hidden Content Run Forest run.....!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,for they may act their dream with open eyes and make it possible.
    Author T.E. Lawrence

Very Senior Member
    Waiting Watching
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetmusicman View Post
    Yes. I took 2 Birals. That didnt even help. Actually the first time I ever had some kind of medication. I hate pills.
    I also had trouble getting mine. The time I passed I just decided let's take all this nervous energy and just talk during the whole test, to distract yourself from overthinking something you know how to do instinctively.

And drive at like 40, that also helps shorten the path.

3. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (July 23rd, 2020),  Sweetmusicman (July 23rd, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by rdk400 View Post
    I also had trouble getting mine. The time I passed I just decided let's take all this nervous energy and just talk during the whole test, to distract yourself from overthinking something you know how to do instinctively.

And drive at like 40, that also helps shorten the path.
    Very good advice, the talking that is. I'm not sure the Examiner would appreciate it. Many Examiners here in Namibia are the pits. Even the public starting complaining about the attitude of some of the Examiners.
    Hidden Content Run Forest run.....!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,for they may act their dream with open eyes and make it possible.
    Author T.E. Lawrence

5. Saying Thanks:

rdk400 (July 23rd, 2020)  

Addicted Member Midnights_Ghost's Avatar
    Experience

@Sweetmusicman the yard test us usually the hard part.

This may seem pointless, but next time try get in the first 3 bookings of the day and never close to lunch.
    The earlier you go the chances the instructor is in a good mood and isnt tired. Imagine watching people drive all day doing the same thing over and over. It seems monotonous. If you go close to lunch, the instructor may want to finish quick and dish out fails.

Also, like rdk mentioned, talk to the instructor before the test. Just general chit chat. They are also human, if you treat them nicely they will be more friendly and less intimidating. Hopefully that will reduce the anxiety.

A friend of mine passed his that way (on the 4th attempt). He went for the early booking and the instructor he got was friendly. The instructor even told him that he looks stressed and he should relax and take a deep breathe before starting. All his anxiety went away after that and he was able to complete his test.

7. Saying Thanks:

rdk400 (July 23rd, 2020),  Sweetmusicman (July 24th, 2020)  

Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Midnights_Ghost View Post
    @Sweetmusicman the yard test us usually the hard part.

This may seem pointless, but next time try get in the first 3 bookings of the day and never close to lunch.
    The earlier you go the chances the instructor is in a good mood and isnt tired. Imagine watching people drive all day doing the same thing over and over. It seems monotonous. If you go close to lunch, the instructor may want to finish quick and dish out fails.

Also, like rdk mentioned, talk to the instructor before the test. Just general chit chat. They are also human, if you treat them nicely they will be more friendly and less intimidating. Hopefully that will reduce the anxiety.

A friend of mine passed his that way (on the 4th attempt). He went for the early booking and the instructor he got was friendly. The instructor even told him that he looks stressed and he should relax and take a deep breathe before starting. All his anxiety went away after that and he was able to complete his test.
    Or just pull out the ZAR and pay the instructor

Experience

Did mine 1st time, but did Code 10 as it us easier. Had to to the learners twice. Only did 10 lessons and very little other experience.

Had to go and renew my license two weeks ago and saw a girl who was very upset for failing. Parents where very supportive.

I still remember my official said on the hill pull away that this is the lotto part: tata ma chance, tata ma license.

10. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (July 23rd, 2020),  Sweetmusicman (July 24th, 2020)  

Experience

passed first time, but my learner's was renewed twice as i never took the opportunity to learn to drive for 5 or so years.....until my dad told me that he won't assist me in getting my first car if I don't get my license.

I was almost killed last year by a bus, Bus overtook and almost front ended me, but luckily i reacted to avoid a full one head collision, but yeah as a driver you can control what you do and try to use anticipation to drive safely

Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

IWent on my 18th birthday in 95. The driving instructor I used knew the routes the testers used. So we practiced each route 2 to 3 times the weeks before the test. Low and behold, was taken on one of the routes, aced it

Still have the original pass date in my green ID book.

Experience

Did mine at 18 in 2004. Grew up in Middelburg so knew the whole town inside out from living on bicycle and skateboard. Passed first time and that was that. My cousin failed 5 times. He really does drive badly though.

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Experience

Aced the both times I did

Did it when I was 18 in Mozambique. Then I moved to Portugal and didnÂ’t drive for about 2 years, so I decided to do it all over again there.

The best part is I now have 2 licenses and the EU one only expires when I ll turn 50

15. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (August 7th, 2020),  SLYGUY (August 7th, 2020)  

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021 LastLast