Poll: How many tries did it take for you to get your drivers license?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21819202122

Thread: How many tries did it take for you to get your drivers license?

Addicted Member
    Run Like The Wind
    Game IDs
    Experience

Need to go do my learners and my license for my bike but holy **** what a shlep...why does the learners expire like wtf you don't forget the rules of the road unless your senile geez
    Make Money Online With Clixsense!
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JaredOzzy View Post
    Need to go do my learners and my license for my bike but holy **** what a shlep...why does the learners expire like wtf you don't forget the rules of the road unless your senile geez
    If your bike learners never expires, what would the benefit be of getting a full bike license?
    Last edited by AdrianH; September 13th, 2020 at 08:02 PM.

Addicted Member
    Dude'er than you!
    Game IDs
    Experience

First car licence twice because the first guy was a ****. Bike licence first try, car licence in Norway, first try. Boat licence next

Addicted Member
    Dude'er than you!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    If your bike learners never expires, what would the benefit be of getting a full bike license?
    You could carry a pillion but yeah.

5. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (September 22nd, 2020)  

Addicted Member
    Run Like The Wind
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Havok ZA View Post
    First car licence twice because the first guy was a ****. Bike licence first try, car licence in Norway, first try. Boat licence next
    worth paying for a lesson or something before the bike license? or is it just a course i need to drive. Not madness rules to follow like a car license right?
    Make Money Online With Clixsense!
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Snirpa View Post
    got it the first time round for the car.
    Had to do the bike licence a second time because I failed the test in the first minute by not recognising the fake stop street they had painted in their little testing course.
    There is a spec somewhere on what constitutes a valid stop sign.

Someone I worked with once got a fine for skipping over the stop street and refused to pay because it wasnt according to spec.
    After a lot of back and forth, he didnt pay the fine and turns out the sign's pole was too long and the sign was too high.
    "Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket" - Douglas Horton

Addicted Member
    Dude'er than you!
    Game IDs
    Experience

worth paying for a lesson or something before the bike license? or is it just a course i need to drive. Not madness rules to follow like a car license right?
    I took 2 lessons for the course yes. There is no crazy rules but it really helps to know what to expect I think. I would book 2 lessons and see if you are comfortable.

Dude count your blessings. I needed to take all kinds of courses, First aid, assertive driving, skid pan track, map reading and navigation, night driving, how to drive in various conditions, how to react when in an accident, passing on the highway do Theory test again - all before one is allowed to do the Norwegian drivers license. You dont have a choice. You have to do the courses. It cost 23 000 Kr. about R46000
    At least it's internationaly recognized in most countries and expires in 100 years
    Last edited by Havok ZA; September 22nd, 2020 at 04:02 PM.

Game IDs
    Experience

First time I went for the test without doing any leasons, cous I thought I drove fine. Failed cous of K53.
    Second, I was looking at the wrong poll in the ally docking and reversed into the back poll
    Third The front of my bumper went over the line in 3-piont turn. I argued that its meant to be your tire that isn't allowed to touch the line, but the guy wouldn't budge.
    4th I got it.
    I was driving illegally for awhile because I needed to get around. Luckily I didnt have any accidents.

My wife was terrified of driving. Finally managed to get her to do her test this jan. She past first time. The instructor fell asleep....

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by agilepeanut View Post
    First time I went for the test without doing any leasons, cous I thought I drove fine. Failed cous of K53.
    Second, I was looking at the wrong poll in the ally docking and reversed into the back poll
    Third The front of my bumper went over the line in 3-piont turn. I argued that its meant to be your tire that isn't allowed to touch the line, but the guy wouldn't budge.
    4th I got it.
    I was driving illegally for awhile because I needed to get around. Luckily I didnt have any accidents.

My wife was terrified of driving. Finally managed to get her to do her test this jan. She past first time. The instructor fell asleep....
    This sounds like Waltloo ..............

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppableErasor View Post
    There is a spec somewhere on what constitutes a valid stop sign.

Someone I worked with once got a fine for skipping over the stop street and refused to pay because it wasnt according to spec.
    After a lot of back and forth, he didnt pay the fine and turns out the sign's pole was too long and the sign was too high.
    There used to be a stop street on the waltloo testing route. The sign was behind bushes and lines were faded. They would intentionally take you on that road to fail people. You would only know about it if an instructor took you there first and showed you

12. Saying Thanks:

unstoppableErasor (October 4th, 2020)  

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21819202122