Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292122138139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1436

Thread: The Xbox One general chat thread

  1. #1411
    Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Uberutang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    26,509
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Do you by any chance know how much Mutant costs on the Xbox store? Just curious because it's 205 on Steam, and 550 on PSN.
    But then again you don't use Rands anymore, so maybe @WarGod ZA knows as well?
    It's FREE on Gamepass, so I just play from there. (R589 on store)

    IMG_DD8C47DC73FC-1.jpg
    Last edited by Uberutang; December 6th, 2018 at 01:16 PM.

  2. #1412
    Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    nykfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Beach, CT
    Posts
    12,214
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    It's FREE on Gamepass, so I just play from there. (R589 on store)
    Cool thanks, so basically same as PSN price then. I was just interested to know because as usual the Steam price is fantastic.

  3. #1413
    Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Uberutang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    26,509
    Game IDs
    Experience

  4. #1414
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    72
    Experience

    Default

    Has anyone here used or heard of a site called MTC game? On the face of it, they seem to operate like Cdkeys.com. They also sell prepaid vouchers for other region's currency (e.g. USD Xbox vouchers etc), which is always useful. I saw some decent deals on Xbox game codes as well.

    They seem to have mostly good reviews from users based on what I've seen. Of course, I'm still skeptical (no paypal as well) but I'm curious to see if anyone's had 1st hand experience using this site?

    https://www.mtcgame.com/en-US

  5. #1415
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    27,700
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I know we had a thread here recently where we discussed the future of Xbox / PS and now I can’t find it so here goes.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  6. #1416
    Gaming Wizard WarGod ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glen Marais, Kempton Park
    Posts
    8,246
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    I know we had a thread here recently where we discussed the future of Xbox / PS and now I can’t find it so here goes.

    I've said this before on the site and basically got shot down.

    IF you care about GFX/framerate etc and you love gaming you basically need to be on the X/Pro if you're a console gamer.

    The base consoles are going to get worse, this is what I said over two years ago and it holds true.

    This will be the case next gen too, so if you're going to get upset about performance then you'll need to invest - the pace of this is pretty fast in the console space - 3/4 years cycles - X1 then 4 years then X1X etc.

    The xbox one is going to get the worst support moving forward owing to the absolute cock-up with the ram, if it was straight unified GDDR5 ram like the PS4 was the performance may have kept pace but the devs are pooring in zero time to optimize for the use of the ESRAM buffer in the original xbone.

    Such a damn shame Don Mattrick ever got the head of xbox position. (It wasn't just the X1 he f-ed up, he pushed the 360 entertainment with kinect angle really really hard at the end of the 360's lifespan).

    I wish Peter Moore held out, but the position was a bit of a hot seat after the 360 RROD crises.

  7. #1417
    Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Uberutang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    26,509
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    I've said this before on the site and basically got shot down.

    IF you care about GFX/framerate etc and you love gaming you basically need to be on the X/Pro if you're a console gamer.

    The base consoles are going to get worse, this is what I said over two years ago and it holds true.

    This will be the case next gen too, so if you're going to get upset about performance then you'll need to invest - the pace of this is pretty fast in the console space - 3/4 years cycles - X1 then 4 years then X1X etc.

    The xbox one is going to get the worst support moving forward owing to the absolute cock-up with the ram, if it was straight unified GDDR5 ram like the PS4 was the performance may have kept pace but the devs are pooring in zero time to optimize for the use of the ESRAM buffer in the original xbone.

    Such a damn shame Don Mattrick ever got the head of xbox position. (It wasn't just the X1 he f-ed up, he pushed the 360 entertainment with kinect angle really really hard at the end of the 360's lifespan).

    I wish Peter Moore held out, but the position was a bit of a hot seat after the 360 RROD crises.
    I wonder if we will see a GDDR5X One S revision (maybe lockhart?)

  8. #1418
    Gaming Wizard WarGod ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glen Marais, Kempton Park
    Posts
    8,246
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    I wonder if we will see a GDDR5X One S revision (maybe lockhart?)
    Hope not.

    I want whatever the base console is of next gen to be on the same format as the "Anaconda" version, just declocked or something.

    a bit less powerfull on the same architecture (GDDR6 is rumoured for both next gen consoles at the moment on resetera)

  9. #1419
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,063
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Hope not.

    I want whatever the base console is of next gen to be on the same format as the "Anaconda" version, just declocked or something.

    a bit less powerfull on the same architecture (GDDR6 is rumoured for both next gen consoles at the moment on resetera)
    Let's not forget the rumour that they will have ray tracing and cpus that can match the Ryzen 2700. I really hope that the rumoured 8gm ram is false though. I'm just going to say having unified memory is better for consoles in the long run if that memory is a fast varient like GDDR5. DDR4 with 4GB for the system and game data and 8GB of GDDR5 for graphics might be an option but I don't see how you can mix them using the same memory controller.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  10. #1420
    Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Uberutang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    26,509
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Hope not.

    I want whatever the base console is of next gen to be on the same format as the "Anaconda" version, just declocked or something.

    a bit less powerfull on the same architecture (GDDR6 is rumoured for both next gen consoles at the moment on resetera)
    The One S is going into xcloud, so will be intersting to see what they use on the home release.

Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292122138139140141142143144 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •