Page 127 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2777107123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1388

Thread: The Xbox One general chat thread

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Vale is privately owned, so you can't buy 'shares' to buy the company, so that is not happening.
    EA, UBISOFT, etc is companies with share holders and after the disappointing years EA has had, I can see them considering a offer like that, if they wanted.

It is scary how much CASH Microsoft has if they wanted to use it. They could flat out buy Sony and Nintendo...

2. Saying Thanks:

SojournZA (January 30th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Vale is privately owned, so you can't buy 'shares' to buy the company, so that is not happening.
    EA, UBISOFT, etc is companies with share holders and after the disappointing years EA has had, I can see them considering a offer like that, if they wanted.

It is scary how much CASH Microsoft has if they wanted to use it. They could flat out buy Sony and Nintendo...
    They actually should, but they wouldn't be able to at all.

Japanese companies can not be owned by foreign companies.

And they should buy them to combat Google/Apple entering the market.

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Just picked up an Xbox One S over the weekend, think this is the 6th time I have owned an Xbox One. Hope it sticks this time.

Few quick questions:

1. Short of covering it with insulation tape, is there anything I can do about the brightness of the power button? My games room is very dark and I mainly play at night so it is very distracting.
    2. The controller still hurts my hand because of the position of the left thumbstick, besides a CronusMax Plus (R1200) is there a wireless solution for me to use a DS4-like controller?
    3. Is downloading a game not considered an "activity" when energy saver is chosen in the power menu?
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    Just picked up an Xbox One S over the weekend, think this is the 6th time I have owned an Xbox One. Hope it sticks this time.

Few quick questions:

1. Short of covering it with insulation tape, is there anything I can do about the brightness of the power button? My games room is very dark and I mainly play at night so it is very distracting.
    2. The controller still hurts my hand because of the position of the left thumbstick, besides a CronusMax Plus (R1200) is there a wireless solution for me to use a DS4-like controller?
    3. Is downloading a game not considered an "activity" when energy saver is chosen in the power menu?
    1 -Download the accessories app, I *think* you can dim the controller light on there, I know for a fact you can on the elite controller.

2 -That is weird, maybe you'll get used to it, don't know anyone that uses the PS4 controller on the xbox one

3 -Mine is in instant on mode, it's not power hungry at all in passive mode, so I'd just leave it on that if I were you

On average, it will cost $16.425 to keep an Xbox One in Instant On mode for an entire year in the USA. To get an exact number for your area, just take 131.4kWh and multiply it by your electricity rate LINK.

6. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (March 12th, 2018)  

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    1 -Download the accessories app, I *think* you can dim the controller light on there, I know for a fact you can on the elite controller.

2 -That is weird, maybe you'll get used to it, don't know anyone that uses the PS4 controller on the xbox one

3 -Mine is in instant on mode, it's not power hungry at all in passive mode, so I'd just leave it on that if I were you
    1. I meant on the console itself, the controller light isn't that distracting and seems to dim automatically?

2. No, it has been like that since the 360 days. The odd(for me) angle my hand is in to rest my thumb on the left stick means after an hour I am in considerable pain. Broke that wrist in a couple of places years ago so it is probably linked to that.

3. Not worried about the power consumption, just wondering what is considered "activity" in power saver vs instant on modes?
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    1. I meant on the console itself, the controller light isn't that distracting and seems to dim automatically?

2. No, it has been like that since the 360 days. The odd(for me) angle my hand is in to rest my thumb on the left stick means after an hour I am in considerable pain. Broke that wrist in a couple of places years ago so it is probably linked to that.

3. Not worried about the power consumption, just wondering what is considered "activity" in power saver vs instant on modes?
    1- Dimming the consoles light isn't possible to my knowledge, so tape is probably a solution if it's that distracting to you

2- That must be a wrist thing, as with the xbox controller your wrists are straighter(pointed more towards the top of the controller) than having to be more slanted to control on DS4, maybe investing in a xim is your only solution here if the pain is that bad.

3- This is what can happen on the console in each mode:

Instant-on
    In instant-on power mode, your Xbox One or Xbox One S console is up to date and ready to use. In this mode:

Your console automatically downloads updates.
    Your console starts up in two seconds.
    You can wake the console using a voice command (where available).

Energy-saving
    In energy-saving power mode, your console is shut down to save energy. In this mode:

Updates aren't downloaded and installed until your console is turned on.
    Your console takes 45 seconds to start up.
    You must press the Xbox button to start the console.

9. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (March 12th, 2018)  

Experience

Has anyone else had issues with signing in to their Xbox on start-up this week? At first I thought it was a slow internet connection but all is fine in that regard...

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with signing in to their Xbox on start-up this week? At first I thought it was a slow internet connection but all is fine in that regard...
    Nope. I'm on Xbox daily and it always signs in automatically

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
    My xbox refreshes my friendslist extremely slow this week. Also doesn't show my pins sometimes. Could be part of that
    Hidden Content
    3DS FC: 1908-2062-8092
    Switch FC: SW-8488-4405-7010

Very Senior Member
    Now drop on the deck and flop like a fish
    Experience

I can't seem to add the newest games with gold to my games library, has any one else had this problem? I get the following when I add them (the 360 game worked fine)

Untitled.jpg

I don't have internet at home currently, so I can't just add them on my console at the moment

Page 127 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2777107123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast