Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ADSL/Internet related problem Fixing for dummies.

Game IDs
    Experience

I am having some problems with my wifi connection at home. When using a wired connection internet is good, but my devices that are on wifi disconnect after a couple of minutes in use.

Devices include iphone, ipad, ps4 and samsung tv.

I am using a netgear n300 router and all has been fine until a week or so ago. All devices running up to date software/firmware.

I first tried to update the firmware on my router but the problem continued, thereafter I reset it to default settings but the problem remains.

Is it possibly just the router on its way out or can anyone suggest trying another solution?

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarSA View Post
    I am having some problems with my wifi connection at home. When using a wired connection internet is good, but my devices that are on wifi disconnect after a couple of minutes in use.

I am using a netgear n300 router and all has been fine until a week or so ago. All devices running up to date software/firmware.

I first tried to update the firmware on my router but the problem continued, thereafter I reset it to default settings but the problem remains.

Is it possibly just the router on its way out or can anyone suggest trying another solution?
    Could very well be a case of the Router is not it’s way out or even that its power supply is problematic.

But did you introduce any other new appliance in the house recently? Or had new neighbours move in?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Could very well be a case of the Router is not it’s way out or even that its power supply is problematic.

But did you introduce any other new appliance in the house recently? Or had new neighbours move in?
    No new appliances and no new neighbours that I am aware of. The router doesn’t switch off, my devices just disconnect from the wifi.

Game IDs
    Experience

What does the wireless channel do? I see it is possible to change this, can it be an interference problem perhaps?

Addicted Member
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Try removing all devices from wifi and then add on at a time, waiting an hour between each. Maybe a device is crashing the wifi.

6. Saying Thanks:

RockStarSA (February 11th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    You see this above ^^? Now that is skill!!
    Game IDs
    Experience

How close is your Router from your microwave?

I had a similar problem a few years back where the router was in the next room and the minute someone used the microwave the connection completely dropped everything.

8. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (February 12th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

What does the wireless channel do? I see it is possible to change this, can it be an interference problem perhaps?
    Yes it can absolutely.

Download Homedale and do a channel scan near the Router.

Then use their recommended channel.

(Don’t use 12 or 13).
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

10. Saying Thanks:

RockStarSA (February 13th, 2019)  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567