Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ADSL/Internet related problem Fixing for dummies.

Addicted Member
    Who put that there?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by koeksisterRpgFan View Post
    Hi guys

I'm pretty much a Noob when it comes to these things. I'm currently using the free Fon router from Mweb, now the problem I'm having is that it drops or DC the internet connection for a second or two the reconnects it again...Now, I'm not sure if this is the router, my setup or the line itself....but this is causing some issues with my downloads. I'm trying to download the Final Fantasy XIV client, which uses it's own web client, so now whenever it DCs for a second, the download fails...
    I would REALLLLLY appreciate any help in troubleshooting this problem....

Thanx
    I don't really have any experience with the Fon but I'm assuming you're using wireless?

Addicted Member
    Destati
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by remydp View Post
    I don't really have any experience with the Fon but I'm assuming you're using wireless?
    Yup, wireless. Even with only one device connected it still does this

Gaming Wizard
    786| M.U.F.C
    Game IDs
    Experience

Hi guys

I'm pretty much a Noob when it comes to these things. I'm currently using the free Fon router from Mweb, now the problem I'm having is that it drops or DC the internet connection for a second or two the reconnects it again...Now, I'm not sure if this is the router, my setup or the line itself....but this is causing some issues with my downloads. I'm trying to download the Final Fantasy XIV client, which uses it's own web client, so now whenever it DCs for a second, the download fails...

Thanx
    I've had the DCing problem about 3 times in the past, the only solution is to get a telkom tech to come to your house and sort it out for you.

Do you notice a "crackling" noise on your house phone?
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Game IDs
    Experience

Hi guys

Thanx
    Nothing to do with telkom it's the router. The same thing happened to me when I used it with wireless. It works fine wired but I keep it as a backup now and use my old netgear router

Addicted Member
    Who put that there?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yup, wireless. Even with only one device connected it still does this
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Nothing to do with telkom it's the router. The same thing happened to me when I used it with wireless. It works fine wired but I keep it as a backup now and use my old netgear router
    Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Also is there anything that can be causing interference? Wireless home phone, microwave nearby, electric fence etc?

Game IDs
    Experience

Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Also is there anything that can be causing interference? Wireless home phone, microwave nearby, electric fence etc?
    Didn't try changing the wireless channel but there's no wireless device or microwave nearby. It's a common complaint on the my broadband site though

Addicted Member
    Destati
    Experience

NOpe didn't try that but as @MJ INC mentioned as well, seems to be a common complaint, was hoping it wasn't just the router. But will try changing the channel...though how does one do that?

Addicted Member
    Who put that there?
    Game IDs
    Experience

NOpe didn't try that but as @MJ INC mentioned as well, seems to be a common complaint, was hoping it wasn't just the router. But will try changing the channel...though how does one do that?
    I'm not familiar with this router but you would need to go into its settings via its IP address.

Addicted Member
    Destati
    Experience

I'm not familiar with this router but you would need to go into its settings via its IP address.
    Is there a specific frequency/channel? But will surf the net if I get stuck

Addicted Member
    Who put that there?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Is there a specific frequency/channel? But will surf the net if I get stuck
    You can download an app on your phone called Wifi Analyzer to see which are the most congested frequency's in your surroundings.

Choose either channel 1, 6 or 11 - whichever is the least congested.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast