Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us 2 in Development at Naughty Dog?

Super Moderator
    Most Generous Member 2013
    Best Member 2013
    Comedian of the year 2009
    Sinbad Johannes Esterhuizen
    Experience

Nah, I'm with Fiddler on this. Those scenes were just annoying. Didn't add anything and finding a ladder/box and placing it in the right place isn't exactly challenging or stimulating.
    Obey forum rules, Hidden Content

2. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 29th, 2014)  

Best New Member 2009
    Yakuza
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Wrath View Post
    Nah, I'm with Fiddler on this. Those scenes were just annoying. Didn't add anything and finding a ladder/box and placing it in the right place isn't exactly challenging or stimulating.
    That scene with the generator and key card though.. ^_^
    The phantom whose substance cannot be grasped
    The drifting cloud that goes down on his own path without being caught by anything
    The passing rain that washes away everything
    The hurricane that blows violently
    Hidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

chaseus (April 26th, 2014),  D4RKL1NGza (January 29th, 2014),  G_SHARK001 (September 1st, 2014),  SauRoN (January 30th, 2014),  Siphon (January 29th, 2014),  Vanilla (January 29th, 2014),  Vic54 (January 29th, 2014)  

Experience

Oh the generator and key card scene, nice surprise waiting!

Super Moderator
    Most Generous Member 2013
    Best Member 2013
    Comedian of the year 2009
    Sinbad Johannes Esterhuizen
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SaiYaN View Post
    Yeah, more of that, less swimming around looking for a platform for Ellie to climb on.
    Obey forum rules, Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    someone had problems finding the first ladder "puzzle" in the game ^^ anyway i'd rather have the ladders than the simplified "run to convenient ladder at wall and slide up sequences"
    You'd require a negative IQ level to have problems solving these puzzles. Which just goes to show how pointless they were. It's no different than a straight line - only it's making the straight line even more boring than it should be.

Honestly, can't believe the amount of love you guys have for the ladder sections. Give me more gameplay, less mind numbing filler. I mean, i loved TLoU, but it's certainly not perfect and exempt from criticism.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    You'd require a negative IQ level to have problems solving these puzzles. Which just goes to show how pointless they were. It's no different than a straight line - only it's making the straight line even more boring than it should be.

Honestly, can't believe the amount of love you guys have for the ladder sections. Give me more gameplay, less mind numbing filler. I mean, i loved TLoU, but it's certainly not perfect and exempt from criticism.
    nothin to be ashamed of you can admit it, no judgement here kidding! but seriously though it's not that's i loved the ladders or even liked them, it's more that i appreciated them for the pace-shifting and added non-linearity that they, combined with other things, added to the overall feel of the gameplay. without these things we'd have something more akin to a straightforward linear-like-a-ruler tombraider reboot to look back on.

i am kind of interested to think about what ND might've done to improve on these types of added immersive elements in the game, adding non-combatative details to the game can get tricky it seems
    Last edited by nykfist; January 30th, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

9. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 30th, 2014)  

Addicted Member
    I've got to use my head...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    If anything, it ruined the immersion for me. It was predictable and felt tacked on. My opinion.
    Also a proper loot system where you actually get to scavenge for weapons, loot corpses and maintain weapons cuz in the apocolypse these things should be gold. Also enemy weapons dissolving into the ground just pissed me off, if they could make it like STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl then that would be perfect.
    The setup for sequel is right there, I would prefer a sequel. Joel done gone and pissed off everyone especially when Ellie learns what he did, when his brother finds out

11. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 30th, 2014)  

Addicted Member
    Kthankubye
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SaiYaN View Post
    that scene when you jump down into that dark room at the university. ERMEGERD that was intense playing on hardest difficulty

13. Saying Thanks:

denzil27054 (June 14th, 2015)  

Oupa
    I was told I can be anything,so I became a status
    Game IDs
    Experience

You guys should watch Grounded - the making of last of us. It explains the ladders and planks and the loot system.
    I would have to disagree it had filler stuff, game was 18 hours long. If they removed them the game would still
    be longer than most games and you would be able to sprint passed half the encounters. I also think the ladder and plank stuff
    help bond Joel and Ellie instead of being a tailing AI without any interaction.

*U search -_- i Destroy*
    Experience

Anybody else think this is an awesome concept for the sequel??
    cordyceps_lion_by_thomaswievegg-d7dsady-620x349.jpg

16. Saying Thanks:

Batista (September 1st, 2014),  Vanilla (September 1st, 2014)  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast