Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 112728293031
Results 301 to 309 of 309

Thread: SAGamer Marketplace Rules.

  1. #301
    Very Senior Member
    You see this above ^^? Now that is skill!!
    *MaRk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Helderberg, Somerset West
    Posts
    1,188
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Please stop derailing this thread
    Affirmative Deputy Speaker of the forum.

  2. Saying Thanks:

    Diego_1za (December 4th, 2018),  unstoppableErasor (December 4th, 2018),  Viking (December 4th, 2018)  

  3. #302
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    23
    Experience

    Default

    I have a question regarding Rule 5. Does this specifically relate to advertising in the marketplace (i.e. Create a thread to sell/trade/buy), or does it include being able to make an offer on existing posts?

    For example, if someone has posted that they're selling a game, can I reply with an offer to purchase it, or do I need 50+ posts before I can post in their thread? It's just not clear from the wording if it applies to all interactions in the marketplace or only pertains to creating posts to sell/buy/trade.

  4. #303
    Very Senior Member ToothyColt3598's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Garlandale, Cape Town
    Posts
    1,773
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBrother View Post
    I have a question regarding Rule 5. Does this specifically relate to advertising in the marketplace (i.e. Create a thread to sell/trade/buy), or does it include being able to make an offer on existing posts?

    For example, if someone has posted that they're selling a game, can I reply with an offer to purchase it, or do I need 50+ posts before I can post in their thread? It's just not clear from the wording if it applies to all interactions in the marketplace or only pertains to creating posts to sell/buy/trade.
    There was a discussion not too long ago about relaxing some of the rules. I believe the 50 post count was one of them.

    here you go: https://sagamer.co.za/forum/showthre...ht=marketplace

  5. Saying Thanks:

    TheRedBrother (October 16th, 2020)  

  6. #304
    Addicted Member
    I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.
    Shiverz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,802
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBrother View Post
    I have a question regarding Rule 5. Does this specifically relate to advertising in the marketplace (i.e. Create a thread to sell/trade/buy), or does it include being able to make an offer on existing posts?

    For example, if someone has posted that they're selling a game, can I reply with an offer to purchase it, or do I need 50+ posts before I can post in their thread? It's just not clear from the wording if it applies to all interactions in the marketplace or only pertains to creating posts to sell/buy/trade.
    You should be able to make a purchase as the deal would involve you making payment and having it clear before the seller posts the item. Little to no risk to them.

    Doing the transaction in person however... I'd say that's down to the seller's discretion.

  7. Saying Thanks:

    TheRedBrother (October 16th, 2020)  

  8. #305
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    23
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToothyColt3598 View Post
    There was a discussion not too long ago about relaxing some of the rules. I believe the 50 post count was one of them.

    here you go: https://sagamer.co.za/forum/showthre...ht=marketplace
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiverz View Post
    You should be able to make a purchase as the deal would involve you making payment and having it clear before the seller posts the item. Little to no risk to them.

    Doing the transaction in person however... I'd say that's down to the seller's discretion.
    Thanks for the feedback! To be clear, I have absolutely no issue with the rules; I just wanted to be absolutely sure I understood how they work. My thanks for the link, I'll read through it to see what the discussion was.

  9. #306
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    19,822
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToothyColt3598 View Post
    There was a discussion not too long ago about relaxing some of the rules. I believe the 50 post count was one of them.

    here you go: https://sagamer.co.za/forum/showthre...ht=marketplace
    This discussion was never concluded and the current rules are unfortunately still valid

  10. Saying Thanks:

    TheRedBrother (October 18th, 2020),  ToothyColt3598 (October 17th, 2020)  

  11. #307
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    23
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    This discussion was never concluded and the current rules are unfortunately still valid
    Hi, Viking. Thanks for the response. So could you please clarify my original question then around Rule 5, then? Do you need 50+ posts to advertise AND to be able respond to posted ads, or is it specifically for posting new Buy/Sell/Trade threads?

  12. #308
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    19,822
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBrother View Post
    Hi, Viking. Thanks for the response. So could you please clarify my original question then around Rule 5, then? Do you need 50+ posts to advertise AND to be able respond to posted ads, or is it specifically for posting new Buy/Sell/Trade threads?
    Hi @TheRedBrother welcome to sagamer

    You need 50 plus posts and be a member for 1 month before you can participate in any of the marketplace adverts both for buying and selling

    I hope this answers your questions

    Thanks

  13. Saying Thanks:

    faeez13 (October 19th, 2020),  TheRedBrother (October 26th, 2020)  

  14. #309
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    23
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Hi @TheRedBrother welcome to sagamer

    You need 50 plus posts and be a member for 1 month before you can participate in any of the marketplace adverts both for buying and selling

    I hope this answers your questions

    Thanks
    Hi, thank you, it does. Much appreciated.

  15. Saying Thanks:

    faeez13 (October 27th, 2020)  

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 112728293031

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •