Poll: Which Premier League team do you support

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5439 of 5443 FirstFirst ... 44394939533953895419543554365437543854395440544154425443 LastLast
Results 54,381 to 54,390 of 54426

Thread: General Soccer Thread - For All Club Supporters

  1. #54381
    Very Senior Member Icemanbrfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,232
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leGendSouTi View Post
    You are not jumping from playing to managing, slight difference there bud.

    Also I never said Messi was less of a player because of his skill, I just respect Ronaldo's growth and development resulting from his hard work and dedication. Also his willingness to go to other leagues to challenge himself.

    Goodness, you messi supporters are hard to reason with. I'm better off looking for Stu to discuss religion.
    The example of management I made is the same thing... Basing the success being better,because you played in different leagues makes no sense.. The fact the Leo has stayed loyal should be respected, much the same way that Totti, Giggs and Maldini did.. you basically saying that Ronaldo had very little talent as a youngster, and had to work hard to get to the top lol cmon man, the guy was highly sought after as a youngster because of how talented he was

  2. #54382
    Gaming Wizard
    9
    GB9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scouse Africa
    Posts
    14,253
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leGendSouTi View Post
    Never said that. He probably does, but like you say he maintains his level. Ronaldo worked hard to reach that level and pushed himself to get there.

    Compare a young Ronaldo to young Messi. Messi would beat a defender one on one 8/10 times. He could also find a team mate with pin point pass from across the field or create space for a team mate with a well placed thru ball. Young Ronaldo was all about raw speed, silly tricks and diving.

    Look at them today and they are both the greatest of their generation. Ronaldo had to work harder to get there and be seen as an equal to Messi, and that to me makes him the GOAT.

    Not to mention Ronaldo has done it in multiple leagues & on the international stage.

    I repeat, to me he is the GOAT.
    Yes, you never said Messi worked hard, yet heaped praise on Ronaldo for doing so. That’s why I called you on it. You have your opinion and that’s great for you.

    Edit: according to the football world, Messi is the current GOAT. 6 plays 5. *shrug*

    Edit again: when I have time, I’ll pick up on the one club, one league vs many clubs many leagues point.
    Last edited by GB9; December 3rd, 2019 at 08:57 PM.

  3. #54383
    Very Senior Member
    why are you reading this and not my post?
    leGendSouTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Namibia-Swakop
    Posts
    2,109
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    Yes, you never said Messi worked hard, yet heaped praise on Ronaldo for doing so. That’s why I called you on it. You have your opinion and that’s great for you.

    Edit: according to the football world, Messi is the current GOAT. 6 plays 5. *shrug*

    Edit again: when I have time, I’ll pick up on the one club, one league vs many clubs many leagues point.
    Ok dude.
    Hidden Content
    Visit Hidden Content for my Blog as a Saffa in Namibia

  4. #54384
    Gaming Wizard
    9
    GB9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scouse Africa
    Posts
    14,253
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leGendSouTi View Post
    Ok dude.
    Indeed, it’s ok to be corrected. While you have an affinity for one player, don’t detract from the other player’s achievements, or make it seem like he has not put in as much effort. Be fair. Dude.

  5. #54385
    Very Senior Member
    why are you reading this and not my post?
    leGendSouTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Namibia-Swakop
    Posts
    2,109
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    Indeed, it’s ok to be corrected. While you have an affinity for one player, don’t detract from the other player’s achievements, or make it seem like he has not put in as much effort. Be fair. Dude.
    So me saying he has more natural talent and calling him greatest of his generation along with Ronaldo is ignored when I try and praise Ronaldo and explain why I rate him as my personal GOAT?

    Me praising Ronaldo is not directly proportional to how kak I think Messi is hey.

    Edit, global football is also heavy biased, even I would say VVD should've won the Ballon d'Or this time around, Messi didn't deserve his 6th award.

    But l like you say, its nice to have your own opinion.
    Last edited by leGendSouTi; December 3rd, 2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Visit Hidden Content for my Blog as a Saffa in Namibia

  6. #54386
    Addicted Member Jer1cho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    4,881
    Experience

    Default

    There ain't one best footballer. There are 2. The 2 greatest players of all time. I disagree that one is better than the other. You can prefer one over the other as a fan, but both are simply the greatest of all time.

  7. Saying Thanks:

    leGendSouTi (December 3rd, 2019)  

  8. #54387
    Addicted Member xxx_alwyn_xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fourways, Johannesburg
    Posts
    4,142
    Experience

    Default

    In regards to hunger, commitment, training and ambition Cristiano Ronaldo is the best I've seen in football. He has the Michael Jordan mentality without the highest level of talent. In essence that is what makes Jordan probably the GOAT of all sports as he had the talent and mentality.

    In regards to ability on the field Messi is imo easily better than CR7.

    GOAT is Maradona still in my books...not Messi, CR7, Pele or anyone else went to an average team and dragged them to greater heights by winning a league title like Maradona did at Napoli.

    Messi and CR7 will ultimately fade into the background purely because they never managed to win a World Cup. Die hard football fans might still think of them as the goat but general perception is commonly formed by World Cup winners.

    Even though Messi is probably the best all round players we've ever seen...he most likely won't be remembered as such in 30 years time.

    And I agree Messi wasn't as prominent and probably didn't deserve his 6th award...but his stats in 2018/19 is better than his stats for his first two awards.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

  9. #54388
    Addicted Member xxx_alwyn_xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fourways, Johannesburg
    Posts
    4,142
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leGendSouTi View Post
    You are not jumping from playing to managing, slight difference there bud.

    Also I never said Messi was less of a player because of his skill, I just respect Ronaldo's growth and development resulting from his hard work and dedication. Also his willingness to go to other leagues to challenge himself.

    Goodness, you messi supporters are hard to reason with. I'm better off looking for Stu to discuss religion.
    He never left United or Madrid just to challenge himself.

    He left United because he always wanted to play for in his own words, the biggest club in the world.

    And he left Madrid because in his own words, his relationship with the Real Madrid president deteriorated very quickly. There are also a lot of rumors that he was forced out and that his tax evasion case had something to do with it.

    Whether it is true we'll never know but to paint him as this hero that moved leagues because he wants a bigger challenge is untrue.

    And let's be honest he has been pretty poor this season and last season was average at best and I would argue his tenure at Juventus so far has been a massive failure. If they lose the league this year it will be a massive black mark on his resume...team that won the league for years lost after adding the supposed goat.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

  10. #54389
    Oupa onem1nutenoodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    5,080
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    If we're throwing names into the hat for the GOAT, I would like to nominate James Milner.

    Can't wait till he hits his peak at the age of 43.
    send nudes

  11. Saying Thanks:

    akescpt (December 5th, 2019),  Crow777 (December 5th, 2019),  cuberclops (December 5th, 2019),  mantis za (December 4th, 2019),  millennia (December 4th, 2019),  Ninja_Badger_RSA (December 5th, 2019),  ToothyColt3598 (December 4th, 2019)  

  12. #54390
    Very Senior Member cuberclops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    1,443
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    No clue what Klopp told them at HT but that is how you control the game and defend while not being nervy, with a 5th at the end to seal the Derby victory.

Page 5439 of 5443 FirstFirst ... 44394939533953895419543554365437543854395440544154425443 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •