Thread: Assassin's Creed: Black Flag [WiiU]

Very Senior Member
    Previously known as 4ss4ssN
    Game IDs
    Experience

Angry Assassin's Creed: Black Flag [WiiU]

In case you've missed it, this game's price has now been permanently reduced to R279-00 on the Nintendo eShop.

I picked it up and a short download later (ie. 16GB) it was installed and ready to go.

Right, so this is a really really good game. I really enjoy playing it and the story is interesting and the gameplay exciting.

However, I was super disappointed with the framerate of this game. There's no way that it's 30fps. It feels so laggy at times that my eyes start hurting
    The textures and detail is all there, and the game looks pretty. But as soon as you move the camera everything goes pear-shaped as the console struggles to render everything in time. There's a lot of tearing and frames that simply get dumped.

I know the Wii U can deliver good looking visuals (as evident by Pikmin 3 and other 1st party titles). This is just a blatant bad port from the PS3/Xbox360 versions of the game.
    If the console really struggles to deliver the same results as the other versions (because face it, the Wii U is not a powerhouse) why didn't Ubisoft just bump down the textures/detail instead of presenting a laggy game?

Everybody's always moaning about the Wii U and the lack of third-party support but if this is the type of copy-paste nonsense we're going to get I'd rather go without EA and Ubisoft's games. There's enough exclusives on the Wii U as is.

2. Saying Thanks:

Anubis (June 23rd, 2014),  godfather290885 (June 24th, 2014),  xeroboxer (June 23rd, 2014)  

Game IDs
    Experience

That is terrible news regarding the performance. It definitely sounds like a quick cash-in. The Wii U is capable of at the very least matching PS3 & XB360 performance levels as evidenced with Black Ops II, Need for Speed:Most Wanted U, etc.

What is the GamePad integration like? Does it make up for the performance issues?

Very Senior Member
    Previously known as 4ss4ssN
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    What is the GamePad integration like? Does it make up for the performance issues?
    The GamePad can act as the usual off-TV play. Alternatively it always displays the map of the area which is really really handy.
    What I do though is connect my Pro controller, put the GamePad next to me with a minimap and play on the main screen. That way I can quickly glance at the GamePad for a detailed overview of the area instead of pressing (-) and going into the on-screen map.

I thought about completely switching off the gamepad (in the hope of increasing performance) but there's no way to actually do that. The GamePad will just switch back on again :\

In short: No, there isn't really a MAJOR benefit to the GamePad or the Wii U version. At least not something that justifies playing it on Wii U with laggy visuals instead of the Xbox/PS

5. Saying Thanks:

Anubis (June 24th, 2014)  

Banned
    Looking for Xbox one games

Game IDs
    Experience

how many days did it take u to finish downloading it? coz im downloading just dance 4 which is 15gb but its the second day now but it still 4gb

Experience

Was there the assassin’s Creed IV Black Chest Edition in South Africa ? It was the huge edition with the boat