Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101131147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1516

Thread: General MMA thread.

Gaming Wizard
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mantis za View Post
    So another win for our local boy Dom and im really impressed with how he fought his fight, he knew his opponent was weak off his back so thats where he took the fight.

He wasnt trying to blast the guys head off he fought a very smart fight and that shows a massive sign of maturity, the more time he spends fighting in the UFC the more he will evolve, love it.
    Caught the highlights. The Frenchman he fought had Go Go Gadget arms and legs; damn. As you said, clever strat by Madge to stay in the hole and also try take it to the mat. If he had given that guy space, he'd have been kicked from the other side of the octagon.

2. Saying Thanks:

mantis za (September 12th, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    Yea Conor is in a tough spot in that he’s a major draw and so demands major money but he’s not at the level he was and hasn’t competed much so he’d have to fight lower rankings and move up. But that’s not where the money is.
    Have Conor fight Paul Felder in Ireland, that will draw a massive Irish crowd having the two Irishmen square off, Conor likely takes that fight, and gains a bit of steam behind his name again, then give Conor Justin Gaethje, winner gets the winner of Tony/Khabib.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Oupa
    I was told I can be anything,so I became a status
    Game IDs
    Experience

Rankings don't matter in the UFC. Rumours are they going to low ball Tony Ferguson to decline the fight and give it to Conor.

If Tony accepts they make a killing,Tony declines they make a killing.

Conor still has a huge draw, but pairing him with a lesser star will not make sense in the long run for Conor.

Let's be honest Khabib has become a bigger star because of his win against Conor rather than his record.

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by chaseus View Post
    Rankings don't matter in the UFC. Rumours are they going to low ball Tony Ferguson to decline the fight and give it to Conor.

If Tony accepts they make a killing,Tony declines they make a killing.

Conor still has a huge draw, but pairing him with a lesser star will not make sense in the long run for Conor.

Let's be honest Khabib has become a bigger star because of his win against Conor rather than his record.
    Khabib is a bigger star than Conor yes, but especially after his win in the UAE. He's a superstar in Russia. Khabib does not want a Conor rematch, and he doesn't care about the money, so I am 100% confident that Tony will be next.

I disagree that pairing Conor with someone like Justin will be less lucrative. If his star power is as big as he thinks it is, any fight should be able to pull in the numbers, especially pairing him with Justin.
    Last edited by Arcanecynic; September 20th, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Oupa
    I was told I can be anything,so I became a status
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    Khabib is a bigger star than Conor yes, but especially after his win in the UAE. He's a superstar in Russia. Khabib does not want a Conor rematch, and he doesn't care about the money, so I am 100% confident that Tony will be next.

I disagree that pairing Conor with someone like Justin will be less lucrative. If his star power is as big as he thinks it is, any fight should be able to pull in the numbers, especially pairing him with Justin.
    If he didn't defeat Conor, the match in the UAE would have never taken place.

Any match is lucrative for Conor but the risk is much greater against a lesser name.

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by chaseus View Post
    If he didn't defeat Conor, the match in the UAE would have never taken place.

Any match is lucrative for Conor but the risk is much greater against a lesser name.
    But he did beat him? He beat him decisively. He smashed him.

Khabib made double the amount Conor made in their fight, and that against Dustin. I mean, come now. No one said he's no longer a cash draw, but Khabib is leagues ahead of him.

The risk is equally as big pairing him against Khabib again. 10/10 times he loses that fight, and where does that leave him? He honestly shouldn't even be ranked top 5 at Lightweight anymore. He's had exactly two fights there.

Game IDs
    Experience

9. Saying Thanks:

Arcanecynic (September 30th, 2019),  chaseus (September 29th, 2019),  mantis za (September 29th, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Super jealous. You must have been stoked that they had an event there. I would love to see an even live one day.

Pity Khalil lost, he fought overly emotional, and got smeshed.

11. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (September 30th, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Any predictions for this weekend?

Israel Adesanya taking on Robert Whittaker

I personally think Israel has a strong chance of winning this one via TKO, but Robert is one tough SOB given his two crazy fights with Yoel, even though I think Yoel won the second fight.

Iaquinta vs Hooker is also a good fight.

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

So Israel took out Whittaker with ease, dude is legit.

I must admit that I did think he was a bit over hyped after the Derick Brunson fight, and a way passed his prime Silva, but after seeing him fight against Calvin Gastelum, I knew the dude was a force in the middleweight division.

Rest of the card was very lackluster, but the title fight was epic - How about that Stylebender walkout?

Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101131147148149150151152 LastLast