Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In-ear headphones advice

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UnforgivN View Post
    Thanks, I see they are around $100 on amazon and I have some vouchers which I can use, is there is a specific site you are using if you check up on these devices? I have been reading loads of reviews and everyone recommends the Soundmagic E10 (for 549 I am willing to take a chance on them based on what I have read) but the Shure ones seem to be really good (around R1800 when imported from Amazon). I just don't want a repeat of the crap that was my pair of Skullcandy smokin buds, which I couldn't use due to the poor quality of the sound.
    No specific site, but I'll Google a pair I'm interested in and see what reviews are available - Amazon reviews and easy-read reviews from subjectivist sites like What Hi-Fi I ignore. Basically, if they go into detail and take some measurements I'm inclined to take them seriously.

The Shures I mentioned and the IEMs you're looking at are similar in a lot of respects, with boosted bass and accentuated treble. This is not generally a good thing, though a lot of people do like that sound. The Shures manage to keep things in check though by having a more gentle concave slope from the mid to low bass region, and roll off the highs sooner. The E10s sacrifice midrange (which is where the music primarily lies) in favour of a steeper concave slope toward the lower bass region - highs do extend further though. Then there's also the Shure's ability to switch out cables along with better sound isolation.

EDIT: 1st prize of course would be the ability to live with both for a while, because truthfully fit is a key element in whether or not a pair of IEMs is going to work for you. Some people hate the way the Shure's fit flush to the ear or the way the cable loops over the ear, or indeed the sound isolating tip - it works for me though, I like the feel, and having it over the ear prevents cable rustle. My wife on the other hand can't stand the pair I gave her, prefers regular buds that hang and fit more loosely, she also didn't like being cut off from her surroundings.
    Last edited by KenMasters; February 6th, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Game IDs
    Experience

I just bought the wireless cord for the SE215s - sound is not great. You can hear the files aren't playing back at full quality, there's a touch of that low bitrate MP3 quality to them. It's the first time I've tried Bluetooth headphones though, perhaps this is par for the course? Tested briefly with an iPhone 8.

EDIT: I retract my previous criticism, I think something must have gone wrong with the initial connection, sounds just fine now. I did experience a single drop out while out and about though.
    Last edited by KenMasters; February 8th, 2019 at 09:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123