Page 2 of 503 FirstFirst 1234562252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: SAGamer Vaping thread

Addicted Member
    プレイステーション
    Experience

Yay, a new fresh thread. Bookmarked

My story is as follows:

Lasy year I bought a kit from CapeVape. EVO V2 or something of that kind.

The quality of the kit was ok but the branding on it looked awful and such but for some reason I just could not get into the e-liquid. I tried different variants, and settled with Tobacco only as the other flavours made me kinda nauseas. I basically wanted to have an experience as close as possible to standard cigs to make the transition easier.

In the end it all failed badly. I smoked just as much cigs as before with the vaping unit being an addition instead of a replacement. So the bottom line was, I was simply smoking well....more.

I got rid of the unit and continued on the standard cig path. However, the fact that I was still burning through packs like it was going out of fashion did bother me greatly.

I'm going to be honest here. I love smoking. I like the smell, the taste and just the novelty. Will I ever quit? Probably not, but standard smokes weren't making me happy. I really wanted to get on the vaping bandwagon.

A few days ago Takealot had a daily deal on the Twisp Solo unit. It's basic, it's low powered, it's very standard and obviously as with all Twisp products, extremely overpriced. However, I had some free vouchers all over the show and the daily deal was good so I ended up getting the unit for like R50. I bought some TopQ liquid from the shop around the corner. I think it was like R35 or something.

I received the unit yesterday and tested it out. Since yesterday around 1pm I've only had one cig and it did not even taste that great. The fact that I've had zero cigs today is nothing short of amazing.

I did however go into my second attempt a bit different. Firstly I don't smoke in my place. With the vape unit I can. However I decided to stick to the old habits (to sorta trick my brain) and vape in the same spots outside that I usually smoked. Also since you get less nicotine from vaping I do smoke more, but I feel it's an ok compromise until I get used to the vaping and move down.

The Twisp unit is pretty kak though. The one atomizer is already producing a slightly burny taste and the 150mah batteries last ...like 2 hours. The tank is also super tiny. But I wasn't ready for spending money on vaping again so I figured the R50 odd would be fine, just to give it another go.

So far it's been going much better than the first attempt and I think I might just go ahead and pick up something proper later this evening. The Twisp unit I'll keep around as a backup unit, and because of its nice size and looks, maybe use it for when I go out or whatever.

I'm basically spamming myself with vaping Youtube videos just so that the whole grand scheme and benefits of it all gets tattooed in my mind. If I keep doing what I'm doing now, I must just be able to pull this off.

2. Saying Thanks:

Pos7box (August 27th, 2015),  wazarmoto (August 27th, 2015),  yazo647 (August 27th, 2015),  Yiannaki (August 29th, 2015)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    That's going to be tough. Find a flavour range you enjoy and move down from strength to strength. Even better get a bottle in 18mg and mix it half and half with a 12mg of the same flavour. Then move to the straight 12mg and then keep moving down. The better ranges will normally come out in an 18, 12, 6, 3 and 0
    Any oil besides twisp? Twisp it is either 18mg or 0
    Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    If the statment about lower IQ is correct then yiu must have been gamimg on console for quite a long time.

Very Senior Member
    NiN
    Experience

just checking the clouds here and subscribing to this thread, will post here soon

Addicted Member
    プレイステーション
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jlw777 View Post
    You're going to get a lot of advice on liquid from long time vapers.

What I can say is that TopQ liquid tastes about 90% similar to the Twisp liquid and it's 12MG. Might be a good fluid to mix with existing Twisp liquid. Also it's like R35 to R50, so well priced. Give the guy on the site a call since you can get these from a lot of Engen or Total garages or whatever. He'll tell you the closet place to your location.
    Last edited by Cytronics; August 27th, 2015 at 05:01 PM.

6. Saying Thanks:

jlw777 (August 27th, 2015)  

Addicted Member
    Ermen vehn Bueren
    Experience

@Cytronics well done on quitting bud

The twisp is a decent starter device but yes, under-powered and overpriced. It's definitely worth for what you paid.

Let us know how your vaping journey goes and when the time comes and you want a new device, let us know. I'm sure there's quite a few guys here that are quite clued up and can guide in the right direction.
    Hidden Content Love all, Trust none...

Addicted Member
    Ermen vehn Bueren
    Experience

Do you vape Twisp juice exclusively?
    There's many brands out there reasonably priced that have multiple nic strengths.
    Hidden Content Love all, Trust none...

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    I are FaceBeast!!!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Top quality juices?

Skybluevaping, sirvape, vape cartel to mention a few. They have great goodies and excellent juices. I would go for foggs milky way or deli express to start.

Addicted Member
    プレイステーション
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yazo647 View Post
    @Cytronics well done on quitting bud

The twisp is a decent starter device but yes, under-powered and overpriced. It's definitely worth for what you paid.

Let us know how your vaping journey goes and when the time comes and you want a new device, let us know. I'm sure there's quite a few guys here that are quite clued up and can guide in the right direction.
    Many thanks.

Picking up a E-volve or EVo or whatever the thing is called in about an hours time. Some special at the Brackenfell VapeStore.

IIRC it's the unit which has a 600mah or something battery (my Twisp has a 150mah) plus some extra atomizers and two bottles of TopQ liquid all for like R280. I'll get that for now and then if all goes well pick up an even better unit in 2 months or so when I've got some spare bucks.

11. Saying Thanks:

yazo647 (August 27th, 2015)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Where are you based? If there's a decent Vape store nearby I would go in and try some proper juice. There stores selling US commercial brand juices for the same price as twisp but the quality is so much better and then if you have mods and sub boxes then you can go for the more connisuer juices that just taste the bomb

13. Saying Thanks:

jlw777 (August 27th, 2015)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Where are you based? If there's a decent Vape store nearby I would go in and try some proper juice. There stores selling US commercial brand juices for the same price as twisp but the quality is so much better and then if you have mods and sub boxes then you can go for the more connisuer juices that just taste the bomb
    Sandton (weekend) and Polokwane (weekdays)
    Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    If the statment about lower IQ is correct then yiu must have been gamimg on console for quite a long time.

Page 2 of 503 FirstFirst 1234562252102502 ... LastLast