View Poll Results: How do you feel about Battlefront being priced at R1k?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • It is?... Woah!

5 12.20%
  • It depresses me.

8 19.51%
  • I'm still buying it.

1 2.44%
  • Hello no!

25 60.98%
  • I bought it already

2 4.88%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront on consoles is pretty much R1000...

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by .......... View Post
    The consoles was the worst move ever, now its DLC this and micro transaction that after paying those huge amounts for a game that could have been a DLC itself.
    I agree.

Alive
    Game IDs
    Experience

Remember playing this game as a kid online

Gaming Wizard
    Framerate enthusiast
    Game IDs
    Experience

I remember when the scope and user interaction level were 5% of what we have now.

Games have become more complex. Complexity adds a number of additional variables.

Basically if you're whining about patches and dlc go lock yourself in a basement with a PS2.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    I remember when the scope and user interaction level were 5% of what we have now.

Games have become more complex. Complexity adds a number of additional variables.

Basically if you're whining about patches and dlc go lock yourself in a basement with a PS2.
    I agree.

Very Senior Member
    None of your concern
    Experience

Yes games are certainly more complex and intractable. Troubleshooting errors and bugs, applying the fix if you find it. Yes very much more interactive. DLCs are great and all if they add NEW content. Not just maps or modes that should have been included at release in the first place. Talking about Star Wars Battlefart here.

Experience

Price of lube must have gone up as well during this period

7. Saying Thanks:

Azure Wrath (November 26th, 2015),  circles (November 26th, 2015),  Strifehart (November 26th, 2015)  

Sleepy
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_sa View Post
    Then people should buy somewhere else that's cheaper. Nobody forcing you to pay that at BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Yes, if someone actually pays R999 for not only this game but any other game, then clearly they have no idea what shopping around means. There is even a Pricecheck website that does the work for you.
    You guys know that parents still buy their kids videogames, right? There are a lot of parents who go look at BT, then CNA, then Game, then Musica, determine that the price is the same everywhere for a physical copy anyway and just buy wherever they're comfortable. Not everyone buys online, not everyone finds value in price checking for other retailers. Up to a few years ago, my parents were exactly that. I know some of the parents of my younger brother's friends who do the same thing now. I've been in BT Games outlets where parents ask me for help with choosing a game and asking about prices because they're not sure what's a good deal.

There exist people who are impatient enough to want to just grab the game off the shelf and walk out of the store. A good friend of mine at college was that person. They don't want to wait three or four days for their game to arrive or download, they want it right there and then, ready for consumption once they pop the disc into the tray.

Asking R999.95 for an always-online racing game that stops you from playing the single-player campaign when the internet is disconnected is egregious, and I'm hoping that this pricing is a phase that will soon pass, whereby things return to normal as our economic situation improves.
    NAG Online Hardware Writer

Experience

I've bought games for R1500 but then its imports or collectors editions. How do I feel about R1000 normal edition games? Well... you can get Dying light on steam for R250 on a sale now. It might be a year late but that doesn't make the game less playable.

Besides most online shooters lasts for 2-3 months before the first dlc destroys the player base anyway.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm_ZA View Post
    You guys know that parents still buy their kids videogames, right? There are a lot of parents who go look at BT, then CNA, then Game, then Musica, determine that the price is the same everywhere for a physical copy anyway and just buy wherever they're comfortable. Not everyone buys online, not everyone finds value in price checking for other retailers. Up to a few years ago, my parents were exactly that. I know some of the parents of my younger brother's friends who do the same thing now. I've been in BT Games outlets where parents ask me for help with choosing a game and asking about prices because they're not sure what's a good deal.

There exist people who are impatient enough to want to just grab the game off the shelf and walk out of the store. A good friend of mine at college was that person. They don't want to wait three or four days for their game to arrive or download, they want it right there and then, ready for consumption once they pop the disc into the tray.

Asking R999.95 for an always-online racing game that stops you from playing the single-player campaign when the internet is disconnected is egregious, and I'm hoping that this pricing is a phase that will soon pass, whereby things return to normal as our economic situation improves.
    well if Parents are buying their "kids" R1000 games then clearly they don't have a cash problem.... Most parents will also shop around... just because they are a parents they don't lose all intelligence/common sense when buying something...

11. Saying Thanks:

mantis za (November 26th, 2015),  Strifehart (November 26th, 2015)  

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

I remember when games used to be complete at launch and didn't have bits and pieces cut out to be sold later.

13. Saying Thanks:

.......... (November 26th, 2015),  ReaperSA82 (November 26th, 2015),  Uberutang (November 26th, 2015)  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast