Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinion thread

Very Senior Member
    Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    People should stop lying to children about Santa.
    They learn their kids not to take candy from strangers, but presents.
    So it turns out all you need to get a kid in your fan is to be fat with a neckbeard + a few prezzies
    "Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket" - Douglas Horton

2. Saying Thanks:

murfle (December 19th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppableErasor View Post
    They learn their kids not to take candy from strangers, but presents.
    So it turns out all you need to get a kid in your fan is to be fat with a neckbeard + a few prezzies
    And then they vote for Trump

4. Saying Thanks:

unstoppableErasor (December 19th, 2018)  

Banned
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    News flash, you don't live in the U.S., you are not a Republican. The world is not a two party system, it's you that's choosing to view the world through the lens of American politics and split gamers down the middle - we should all be free to express our opinions. Let the U.S. fight their fight, at the moment it's an important one - they are fighting over their civil liberties, all it takes is for good men to do nothing and all that.

What nonsense. Silicon Valley is shaping the world through facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Their political stances have far reaching effects

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

News flash, you don't live in the U.S., you are not a Republican. The world is not a two party system, it's you that's choosing to view the world through the lens of American politics and split gamers down the middle - we should all be free to express our opinions. Let the U.S. fight their fight, at the moment it's an important one - they are fighting over their civil liberties, all it takes is for good men to do nothing and all that.
    How so?

Banned
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    How so?
    I would also like to know what civil rights they are being denied.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
    What nonsense. Silicon Valley is shaping the world through facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Their political stances have far reaching effects
    You're shaping your world through the tools provided by tech companies. They only feed back to you what you want to see, that's how they keep you on their platform. It's up to us to navigate the new landscape and think for ourselves, something most of us aren't very good at unfortunately (ironically it's usually the self proclaimed independent thinkers that are the most under the sway of modern media).

How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
    I would also like to know what civil rights they are being denied.
    Many battles being fought at the moment, I don't know how you could possibly miss it. Unfair treatment of African Americans by the American legal system as highlighted by the NFL controversy, increased questions over gun rights with recent high profile mass shootings, the slow erosion of the right to opt for abortion, the denial of goods and services based on sexual orientation and whether religion is grounds on which to do so, woman's rights highlighted by the recent "me too" movement, attitudes towards immigrants and the separation of families, there's a lot going on at the moment.
    Last edited by KenMasters; December 19th, 2018 at 11:31 AM.

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Many battles being fought at the moment, I don't know how you could possibly miss it. Unfair treatment of African Americans by the American legal system as highlighted by the NFL controversy, increased questions over gun rights with recent high profile mass shootings, the slow erosion of the right to opt for abortion, the denial of goods and services based on sexual orientation and whether religion is grounds on which to do so, woman's rights highlighted by the recent "me too" movement, attitudes towards immigrants and the separation of families, there's a lot going on at the moment.
    Ah, so mostly liberal talking points, most of which are not true. But let's not get started with American politics or this thread will go one way. Was just curious.

Game IDs
    Experience

Ah, so mostly liberal talking points, most of which are not true. But let's not get started with American politics or this thread will go one way. Was just curious.
    Conservatism by definition is an aversion to change.

11. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (December 19th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

IMO President Trump is a godsend to America in this age of easily offended/PC increasingly leftist global society we're moving towards. Just look at how European countries are getting invaded by migrants who leech off their free welfare while the taxpaying indigenous people are paying for it. Super sad.
    Hidden Content

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Banned
    Experience

You're shaping your world through the tools provided by tech companies. They only feed back to you what you want to see, that's how they keep you on their platform. It's up to us to navigate the new landscape and think for ourselves, something most of us aren't very good at unfortunately (ironically it's usually the self proclaimed independent thinkers that are the most under the sway of modern media).

They all have the same rights as everyone else. The right for gays to get married is something I care about. Thats a right. Or abortion. I am all for that. But what you want is for everyone to accept everyone regardless of personal beliefs. You dont change hearts and minds by calling a huge subset of working class people racist and homophobic.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 ... LastLast