Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167217247263264265266267
Results 2,661 to 2,669 of 2669

Thread: Threads of Bargains and Gaming Specials Xbox One

  1. #2661
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    25,294
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazysa View Post
    Unrelated to thread but how is ExpressVPN? Is the Bandwidth still optimal and do you fully recommend it?
    Borrowed account from a mate so didn't use it too much but seemed just fine when I smashed some torrents through it.

    I got a 3-year deal on Windscribe for $15 so just use that.

    ***

    Seems there "ends in 3 days" is just bull****tery because I bought it like a week ago.

    https://stacksocial.com/sales/3-year-windscribe-vpn
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  2. Saying Thanks:

    chazysa (June 20th, 2018)  

  3. #2662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    168
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Probably leaking DNS then.
    As I want to learn more every but too lazy to Google What is DNS Leaking?

  4. #2663
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    25,294
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatty View Post
    Good to know for the Summer sale
    Yeah DD-WRT for the win.

    Sadly I can't make it work with just a VPN'd SSID without changing my entire setup and sacrificing my modem/router so I juts backup/restore my config as I need it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  5. Saying Thanks:

    Tatty (June 20th, 2018)  

  6. #2664
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    25,294
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuCa View Post
    As I want to learn more every but too lazy to Google What is DNS Leaking?
    Many of these region locked services will do a DNS lookup through an alternative DNS server to make sure the connection is coming from where it appears it's coming from.

    So in the case of VPN's certain ways of using them or rather on certain devices will "leak" the DNS lookup outside of the VPN and therefore give away your location/IP/anonymity.

    DD-WRT specifically masks this to force all DNS lookups through the VPN and therefore makes damn sure it looks like you are coming from where you say you are.

    In the past with Netflix region dodging where it was SmartDNS based you could get away with just static routing their preferred DNS servers to a dead end and then it worked fine, but these days they are too clever.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  7. Saying Thanks:

    Uberutang (June 20th, 2018)  

  8. #2665
    Addicted Member Goiki7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    3,414
    Game IDs
    Experience

  9. Saying Thanks:

    Nivea Face Cream (Yesterday)  

  10. #2666
    Very Senior Member milez_away's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    2,166
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goiki7 View Post
    I wonder how many keys they bought. That game is always on special, they're practically giving these away now.

  11. #2667
    Very Senior Member medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    2,052
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milez_away View Post
    I wonder how many keys they bought. That game is always on special, they're practically giving these away now.
    I was just going to post that, since I got my XBOX, I always see this specific game on special - I actually think I bought 5 and gave them away on Stream.

  12. Saying Thanks:

    Goiki7 (Yesterday)  

  13. #2668
    Addicted Member Hiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    3,719
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milez_away View Post
    I wonder how many keys they bought. That game is always on special, they're practically giving these away now.
    It was going for around R8 at one point

  14. #2669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    154
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Many of these region locked services will do a DNS lookup through an alternative DNS server to make sure the connection is coming from where it appears it's coming from.

    So in the case of VPN's certain ways of using them or rather on certain devices will "leak" the DNS lookup outside of the VPN and therefore give away your location/IP/anonymity.

    DD-WRT specifically masks this to force all DNS lookups through the VPN and therefore makes damn sure it looks like you are coming from where you say you are.

    In the past with Netflix region dodging where it was SmartDNS based you could get away with just static routing their preferred DNS servers to a dead end and then it worked fine, but these days they are too clever.
    so will they eventually catch up with this company as well?

Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167217247263264265266267

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •