Poll: Mirrors Edge

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rate: Mirrors Edge

Very Senior Member
    RIP King RSA my friend. We will all miss you buddy...
    Experience

Well based on the two hours that I played last night, its AWESOME!!!

Addicted Member
    Winter is coming.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Can you believe I only picked this up now? Still a pretty wicked game. Just made me realise, with the amount of games hitting at nothing short of machine-gun pace it's easy to forget little gems like this.
    It is a bit frustrating at first but I hope (and believe) that with a bit of practice I'll be parkouring my way through to the end in no time. It's actually quite interesting to see a game which actually encourages you to play it in the shortest time possible.

Addicted Member
    Winter is coming.
    Game IDs
    Experience

So after completing it I can say the game is a definite 8 for me. A few control tweaks and less frustrating level design would have made it a much more enjoyable experience. Through most of the game I was cursing for dying multiple times because of stupid guards ganging up on me or a jump I just can't get right. I would've gone back for some more trophies but I think my health would definitely suffer from it. Probably won't play it again soon.

Experience

I give this game a 10, because it takes a chance and does something different for a change. In a world where just about all First Person Shooters are practically just clones of each other Mirror's Edge is a refreshing change. Plus Mirror's Edge is a lot of fun to play. It's a great experience. Sure the graphics could have been tons better and the game could have done with a multiplayer mode, but I give it a 10 solely for being the only First Person game that is not a carbon copy of all the other First Person games this generation. The developers of Mirror's Edge deserve credit for bringing in some fresh new ideas into the FPS genre.

Take Killzone 2 as an example. While I do agree that Killzone 2 is a great game I honestly don't see how it is DIFFERENT from the generic First Person Shooter.

As is often the case this generation once you've played one FPS you've pretty much played them all, but Mirror's Edge has broken this trend. (And thankfully so.)

The only thing I don't like about Mirror's Edge is the Flash based cut-scenes. That just seems low-budget and weak if you ask me. They should have opted for in-game cut-scenes instead.
    Last edited by Rapham0n; October 12th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Please stop bringing old threads back to life.

Addicted Member Midnights_Ghost's Avatar
    Experience

At least he is not lurking anymore since 2012, becoming and active member lol. I think he is trying to up his post count to 50 so he can create threads. @spiderkzn Almost there man, 50 posts in 1 day

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by krYtHan View Post
    Please stop bringing old threads back to life.
    My apology was trying to post 50 time. So now it done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123