Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 5667

Thread: Nintendo Switch Reveal

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGamer80 View Post
    Also looks good

I was interested in getting NWN as it's one of my favourite games of all time, until I saw the price. R799.95 is a bit steep if you ask me.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    I was interested in getting NWN as it's one of my favourite games of all time, until I saw the price. R799.95 is a bit steep if you ask me.
    When I first saw these reveal trailers I was very keen, but I don't know if these old slow-burn gameplay mechanics characterising the old D&D titles holds up.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    When I first saw these reveal trailers I was very keen, but I don't know if these old slow-burn gameplay mechanics characterising the old D&D titles holds up.
    Yeah I actually got the Diamond edition of NWN on GOG a little while back and I was super excited to play it, but I only made it past the intro part until you get to the city for the first time and then I stopped. It would still be cool to have on Switch to lay in bed and play though, but not for that price.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”

Experience

Unfortunately that's the average price for a game these days.
    That's what I liked about PC gaming though - games for PC generally don't cost as much as console games.
    When I got my Switch in 2017, I thought nothing of buying Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Mario Odyssey. Ultra Street Fighter 2 suited my pocket a bit better. I recently bought a copy of Sega Mega Drive Classics for the Switch, and for R359 I thought that was a bargain.
    Famiclone - PSP - Switch - 2013 gaming PC

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGamer80 View Post
    Unfortunately that's the average price for a game these days.
    That's what I liked about PC gaming though - games for PC generally don't cost as much as console games.
    When I got my Switch in 2017, I thought nothing of buying Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Mario Odyssey. Ultra Street Fighter 2 suited my pocket a bit better. I recently bought a copy of Sega Mega Drive Classics for the Switch, and for R359 I thought that was a bargain.
    Yes for a new game that price is acceptable. Even if it was a remake it would still be justified. But R800 for a game that game out 17 years ago is asking a bit much. Especially considering all they did to it was upscale the resolution a bit and added the DLC.
    Hidden Content

Experience

Yes for a new game that price is acceptable. Even if it was a remake it would still be justified. But R800 for a game that game out 17 years ago is asking a bit much. Especially considering all they did to it was upscale the resolution a bit and added the DLC.
    I didn't get a chance to play any of the D&D games back in the day, so I MIGHT put some dosh aside for one or two of those titles in the near or far future

Experience

I'll most probably end up getting Northgard next as I tend to lean more towards RTS than RPG.

Oupa
    *laughs in deranged*
    Game IDs
    Experience

NWN was one of my favs as well but the remaster doesn't look good to me. NWN2's engine was a much better improvement.
    I'd rather opt for the BG and Icewind Dale classics & wait on on BG3

Very Senior Member
    Cheese Burger & Fries
    Game IDs
    Experience

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel III announced for the Switch.

the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-3-switch-ver-announce1.jpg

I'm not sure how sales will be for this one if you've never played I & II which I read is a must play first to understand what's going on in III.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sting_Ray View Post
    NWN was one of my favs as well but the remaster doesn't look good to me. NWN2's engine was a much better improvement.
    I'd rather opt for the BG and Icewind Dale classics & wait on on BG3
    Yeah NWN2 had a much better engine but the overall game wasn't as good. However, the expansions for NWN2 were sublime. NWN2 on switch would be amazing.
    Hidden Content

11. Saying Thanks:

Sting_Ray (December 4th, 2019)  

Page 565 of 567 FirstFirst ... 65465515545561562563564565566567 LastLast