Page 319 of 319 FirstFirst ... 219269299315316317318319
Results 3,181 to 3,187 of 3187

Thread: Nintendo Switch Reveal

  1. #3181
    Gaming Wizard Cravinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    16,330
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    Nice, a bump to FHD. Still can't justify the extra $10.
    Agreed that's why I'll probably wait for it to go on sale plus I need to play through some of my backlog.

  2. #3182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    588
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    Agreed that's why I'll probably wait for it to go on sale plus I need to play through some of my backlog.
    Yeah, I finally got through Celeste last week. Now I'm doing the dark side of the moon in Mario Odyssey and then Blossom Tales, and I still need to beat the campaign in Splatoon 2 and get gold Mario in MK8D. I'd also like to get hold of the BOTW DLC.

  3. #3183
    Gaming Wizard Cravinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    16,330
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    Yeah, I finally got through Celeste last week. Now I'm doing the dark side of the moon in Mario Odyssey and then Blossom Tales, and I still need to beat the campaign in Splatoon 2 and get gold Mario in MK8D. I'd also like to get hold of the BOTW DLC.
    I still want to get Splatoon as well mainly for the MP as for games I'm currently playing on switch it's fire emblem stardew valley and bayo.

  4. #3184
    Gaming Wizard IbiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    10,278
    Experience

    Default

    Gal*Gun 2 - Launch Trailer - North America



    ---

    Meet the Heroes of Shining Resonance Refrain



    ---

    Wolfenstein II for Nintendo Switch to launch June 29!


  5. #3185
    Gaming Wizard
    ..XV..
    HookX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,305
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Nintendo Labo and Switch Top the Japanese Market According to Media Create; God of War Ranks Second.

    Nintendo Labo had a fairly successful launch, with the Variety Kit largely outselling the Robot Kit. Even if the numbers aren’t exactly at the same level of a big Nintendo exclusive, they’re above 100,000 if you sum both models.

    Interestingly, despite the launch of Labo and a few other Switch games, sales of the console actually dropped slightly since last week, probably indicating that the console has hit its stride.

    God of War also did pretty well for a western game, even if it did not manage to equalize the initial success of Far Cry 5 three weeks ago. This is interesting, as it appears to support the idea that first-person shooters and open-world games tend to do better in Japan among foreign games.

    Another interesting element is that the adventure of Kratos pushed the PS4 Pro to sell better than the base model, which is a quite rare occurrence.

    Nintendo Labo is available now for Nintendo Switch. If you haven’t purchased it yet, can pick up either the Variety Kit or Robot Kit from Amazon.

    If you’re more interested in God of War, you can also grab a copy on Amazon.

    Source
    <<Final Fantasy XV>>


  6. #3186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    588
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HookX View Post
    Nintendo Labo and Switch Top the Japanese Market According to Media Create; God of War Ranks Second.

    Nintendo Labo had a fairly successful launch, with the Variety Kit largely outselling the Robot Kit. Even if the numbers aren’t exactly at the same level of a big Nintendo exclusive, they’re above 100,000 if you sum both models.

    Interestingly, despite the launch of Labo and a few other Switch games, sales of the console actually dropped slightly since last week, probably indicating that the console has hit its stride.

    God of War also did pretty well for a western game, even if it did not manage to equalize the initial success of Far Cry 5 three weeks ago. This is interesting, as it appears to support the idea that first-person shooters and open-world games tend to do better in Japan among foreign games.

    Another interesting element is that the adventure of Kratos pushed the PS4 Pro to sell better than the base model, which is a quite rare occurrence.

    Nintendo Labo is available now for Nintendo Switch. If you haven’t purchased it yet, can pick up either the Variety Kit or Robot Kit from Amazon.

    If you’re more interested in God of War, you can also grab a copy on Amazon.

    Source
    The majority of the games in that list are Western focused, for all consoles. God of War, Far Cry, I think even Labo is going to do much better in the West than in Japan. Switch hasn't had a major Japanese release in a while now, although I think Kirby did quite well over there.

  7. #3187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    588
    Experience

    Default

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/26/1...-2018-forecast

    Nintendo Switch drives staggering 500 percent profit jump

    Nintendo sold just over 15 million Switch consoles in the last financial year, matching its own raised expectations after a hugely successful launch. The company initially planned to ship 10 million in the year from April 2017, then upped its forecast to 14 million last October, then again to 15 million in January. The total amount sold since its March 3rd, 2017 release is now 17.79 million, outstripping the 13.56 million the Wii U sold over its five years of production.

    Nintendo expects to do even better in the current fiscal year, predicting an operating profit of 225 billion yen off 1.2 trillion yen in revenue. The company is also forecasting that it'll sell 20 million Switch consoles between this month and next March. Labo (above), the new line of cardboard peripherals, is expected to expand the audience for the Switch.
    Another note: Alongside the results, Nintendo announced that its president and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima will be stepping down, to be replaced by board member Shuntaro Furukawa, 46.

    That could be bad news for Nintendo.

Page 319 of 319 FirstFirst ... 219269299315316317318319

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •