Page 610 of 612 FirstFirst ... 110510560590606607608609610611612 LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6112

Thread: Nintendo Switch Reveal

Game IDs
    Experience

Anyone know why ninjala is not available to download of the eshop?

Game IDs
    Experience

Any recommendations for young kids(6 and 7)games? Bought my nieces both a switch and the seven year old loves animal crossing but the younger struggles to get into it so looking for something for both that is easy to play but fun

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Any recommendations for young kids(6 and 7)games? Bought my nieces both a switch and the seven year old loves animal crossing but the younger struggles to get into it so looking for something for both that is easy to play but fun
    Really hard to say. I grew up on a multitude of games and that was when the NES was the best we could get. Gonna recommend from my point of view:

1 - Switch online. Has a good amount of NES and SNES games on offer. Think its R220 a year.
    2 - Sega Megadrive collection. I think its 40 or 50 games. Streets of rage and Sonic comes to mind as the top ones and there is a few of those games ...except for Sonic 3 & Knuckles ...****ing legal **** ruining the fun.
    3 - Sonic Mania
    4 - Super Mario U Deluxe (it can get a bit tough though)
    5 - Yoshi's crafted World
    6 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

There are other games in the same genre like DK tropical freeze but that game is frustrating at times. I suppose you can let them play Zelda BotW or Zelda Links Awakening but I doubt they will know whats going on so might end up just running in circles.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

MJ INC (July 7th, 2020)  

Very Senior Member PlayingItCool94's Avatar
    Experience

Yooka Laylee
    A Hat in Time
    Mario Odyssey
    Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
    Crash Team Racing/Mario Kart
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    New Super Lucky's Tale
    Splatoon 2
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    Yoshi's Crafted World

That's what I think that age range will enjoy according to my library

6. Saying Thanks:

MJ INC (July 7th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Thanks guys will probably start with Mario kart. They seemed to enjoy playing forza with their dad so they like racing games.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Nintendo Switch Reveal

My 6 year old nephew loves playing the following games on my switch:

Animal Crossing New Horizons
    Stardew Valley
    Splatoon 2 (he struggles with the aiming a bit)
    Super Smash Bros (his 3 year old brother also plays this)
    Mario Kart 8
    Pokémon Lets Go Eevee
    Zelda Breath of the Wild (he doesn’t attempt shrines - I just let him play on my complete save and he just runs around fighting, cooking etc)
    Luigis Mansion 3 (we mostly play this co-op)
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 (following the campaign is a struggle but he enjoys just messing around with the building)
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

9. Saying Thanks:

MJ INC (July 7th, 2020)  

Very Senior Member
    Experience

My daughter loved Kirby Crystal Shards, Mario Kart 8, Yoshi's Crafted World. My boys play Minecraft all day every day, and Animal Crossing.

11. Saying Thanks:

MJ INC (Yesterday)  

Experience

Thanks guys will probably start with Mario kart. They seemed to enjoy playing forza with their dad so they like racing games.
    Mario kart is a great start and has loads of tracks and different modes to keep entertained for ages.

Other games I can highly recommend (my kids are 9 and 5 but both been playing for a few years now) is Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey.

Mario Odyssey can be frustrating for young kids but it has an "Assist mode" so they can keep falling off ledges and just bounce back. 7/8 year olds will probably be fine in the normal mode but for the younger ones this mode is a real godsend.

My kids also immediately took to Splatoon 2 and the gyroscope aiming made it intuitive and easy for my youngest. The only problem with this game is that it is only 1 player and I found my kids got bored of the single player campaign. What really hooked my eldest in was the multiplayer she kept coming back to it again and again. Also with switch online having no voice comms it made it perfectly safe for her to play with strangers.

Oh and last one, Animal Crossing. I think the start is a bit too slow and boring for kids but after everything is unlocked there is plenty to keep them entertained.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGamer80 View Post
    So, I'm not sure if I should get another one of these:
    https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/Al...le/p/760870-EA
    I've been keen on checking this out but wary of it. What games does it typically come with and what kind of quality is the video and gamepad?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by rafiq View Post
    I've been keen on checking this out but wary of it. What games does it typically come with and what kind of quality is the video and gamepad?
    Its the same cheap quality from 30 years ago. Cannot comment on the games since I don't know what games are on it. 30 years ago it would be your go to one if you couldnt afford a mega drive. Now, I cannot recommend it unless you want quantity over quality.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

15. Saying Thanks:

rafiq (Yesterday)  

Page 610 of 612 FirstFirst ... 110510560590606607608609610611612 LastLast