Thread: Nintendo Switch Reveal

Experience

Experience

Very Senior Member
    Experience

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/2...e-improvements

Nintendo announces updated Switch with better battery life

A new CPU and storage are likely inside

Nintendo is unveiling an updated version of its Switch console today, with promises of improved battery life. The new model will include approximately two extra hours of battery life, bringing the estimates of usage to between 4.5 and 9 hours. Nintendo’s current Switch has an estimated battery life of between 2.5 and 6.5 hours.

Nintendo’s Switch product page doesn’t reveal exactly how the company has achieved this improved battery life, but it’s likely thanks to a new system-on-chip inside and updated memory. A recent FCC listing revealed that Nintendo was planning to update the Switch with a new CPU and storage. This new model, dubbed HAC-001(-01), should start appearing in stores soon. You’ll need to check for serial numbers starting with XKW to make sure you get the model with the best battery life.

Nintendo’s updated Switch comes just a week after the company unveiled the Switch Lite, a smaller and cheaper model designed for handheld play. The Switch Lite has a smaller 5.5-inch touch display, and battery life between 3 and 7 hours. Nintendo is planning to make the Switch Lite available for $199 on September 20th.

Experience

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/2...e-improvements

Nintendo announces updated Switch with better battery life

A new CPU and storage are likely inside

Nintendo is unveiling an updated version of its Switch console today, with promises of improved battery life. The new model will include approximately two extra hours of battery life, bringing the estimates of usage to between 4.5 and 9 hours. Nintendo’s current Switch has an estimated battery life of between 2.5 and 6.5 hours.

Nintendo’s Switch product page doesn’t reveal exactly how the company has achieved this improved battery life, but it’s likely thanks to a new system-on-chip inside and updated memory. A recent FCC listing revealed that Nintendo was planning to update the Switch with a new CPU and storage. This new model, dubbed HAC-001(-01), should start appearing in stores soon. You’ll need to check for serial numbers starting with XKW to make sure you get the model with the best battery life.

Nintendo’s updated Switch comes just a week after the company unveiled the Switch Lite, a smaller and cheaper model designed for handheld play. The Switch Lite has a smaller 5.5-inch touch display, and battery life between 3 and 7 hours. Nintendo is planning to make the Switch Lite available for $199 on September 20th.
    That's great news except that its an article from the same guys that told you how to build a PC...

Luckily the shills from gamexplain are also on it.

LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Do you guys think that Nintendo is keeping a turbo mode under wraps that once the new Switches get released they will add a boost mode to get those extra 40% clock speeds at the cost of the extra battery life and say its in your hands to decide between battery life and performance?
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Do you guys think that Nintendo is keeping a turbo mode under wraps that once the new Switches get released they will add a boost mode to get those extra 40% clock speeds at the cost of the extra battery life and say its in your hands to decide between battery life and performance?
    I'm wondering if they aren't going to use something like that for BOTW2. Honestly if I could choose between a trade-off of the same battery life vs performance I'd take the performance every time. I never had a problem with the battery life on Switch with my lifestyle.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    I'm wondering if they aren't going to use something like that for BOTW2. Honestly if I could choose between a trade-off of the same battery life vs performance I'd take the performance every time. I never had a problem with the battery life on Switch with my lifestyle.
    Indeed and I know some people will then say but it will cause a disparity and make games not run as well and my answer to that is we already have games running under spec, BotW being one of them since day 1 but also Yoshi's crafted world, Marvel Ultimate Alliance as of today and according to previews Fire Emblem also cannot hit stable frame rates and native resolutions on the switch.
    Hidden Content

Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 34434484514530531532533534