Page 676 of 678 FirstFirst ... 176576626656672673674675676677678 LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 6779

Thread: Nintendo Switch Reveal

Experience

I'm more about the low power usage the thing has combined with what it is capable of putting out. The switch was in a similar ballpark at launch and then increased its efficiency. At the price there is no way Nintendo will compete. I am even wondering if Nintendo will ever release a console that is similarly priced to that of MS or Sony. They would probably find something that works, price it lower to get a larger market in but unlike any of the other companies nintendo will never make a loss on their hardware.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post

Obviously this thing is gonna cost more than any Switch out there but it also gives you an idea of where the technology is. I expect Nintendo to do something with their next system that will make the Switch seem like its the N64 vs the Gamecube.
    There have been similar devices for a while now like the GDP Win2. This thing is a beast but I think a newish custom Tegra chip would be comparably fast and quite a lot cheaper than a 4500u with a Windows license. Somehow Microsoft managed to get a 12tf gaming device with a 1tb dedicated ssd and controller and blu-ray in for $500. You can't build anything close to that for a similar price in PCs. The Aya Neo is probably already bottlenecked quite a bit by the onboard GPU. It's very interesting that they still go for 720p screens in these things, it seems like it's still a sweet spot for handheld performance.

Experience

Can we please stop flinging around the 12tf thing. I can cripple any fast component by simply throwing the worst possible bottleneck into the processing chain. A RTX3080 mean less than a 1060 if I throw that thing onto a socket LGA775 board where it only had a core 2 duo to work with. What MS has done is somehow got a 3700X equivalent CPU and paired it with 5/8th of the radeon 6800 core count.

Will Nintendo also release a $500 console? Or will they stick to a $300 one or maybe up it to $400? We will have to see what happens next. Will Nvidia continue to develop its tegra? and what of the ARM deal?
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Switch Pro rumours are picking up lately. Super Nintendo Switch, that's cute... It better be fully compatible though

https://www.creativebloq.com/news/sw...o-rumours-2021

Experience

The problem with the rumours are that they go against common sense. Silicon chip fabrication is already at max capacity so not sure where they will get parts from assuming the switch pro runs with new hardware. Nintendo also just announced the monster hunter switch bundle so announcing a new system will cave that systems sales dramatically.

But it would make sense to have a replacement system next year on its 5th year.
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    The problem with the rumours are that they go against common sense. Silicon chip fabrication is already at max capacity so not sure where they will get parts from assuming the switch pro runs with new hardware. Nintendo also just announced the monster hunter switch bundle so announcing a new system will cave that systems sales dramatically.

But it would make sense to have a replacement system next year on its 5th year.
    IF it's real and set for 2021 - which is still very uncertain - I'd expect it to be announced around July and released around October/November, in time for the holiday, alongside BOTW2. I know it's a lot of heavy speculation but since Aonuma said that we'd see more BOTW2 this year it hints to a Christmas 2021 release, and it would be a perfect showcase title for new hardware.

Experience

Experience

Never played a 3DS game, but this speculation of more(!) ports, is a nein from me. Price them at $19.62 and I might bite, but otherwise ...

Experience

Experience

Page 676 of 678 FirstFirst ... 176576626656672673674675676677678 LastLast