Page 678 of 678 FirstFirst ... 178578628658674675676677678
Results 6,771 to 6,779 of 6779

Thread: Nintendo Switch Reveal

Experience

Special on the Nintendo Switch Lite:

https://raru.co.za/video-games/brand...re-accessories

I'm trying to decide if I should get one for my daughter and keep it for when she's old enough for her own console.
    Famiclone - PSP - Switch - 2013 gaming PC

Experience

Takealot and BTgames, I think every retailer has it on special.

The problem with the switch lite is its just the handheld portion of the console and I think its still larger than the older hand helds. I was also thinking of maybe getting one but so many games are not hitting the native resolution targets.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Takealot and BTgames, I think every retailer has it on special.

The problem with the switch lite is its just the handheld portion of the console and I think its still larger than the older hand helds. I was also thinking of maybe getting one but so many games are not hitting the native resolution targets.
    Yeh I wouldn't get one for myself, I'm content with my Switch, but I'm thinking it could be a good purchase for my daughter for when she's old enough for her own console. If I were to get another console for myself, it would be an Xbox One S - it's old now, I know, but it fits within budget and it's not all digital.

Experience

Why not a PS4 in that case? Would imagine that Sony first party stuff is better.

Might end up better if you just get something that can emulate and stick her some nes, snes, psx games.
    Hidden Content

Experience

I'd rather get the base switch model as some games run like ass in handheld mode plus the switch lite is also known to encounter drift and when that happens you have to send in the entire device to get repaired at least with the base switch you just send in the joycon plus you have two joycon so can play MP games off the bat without having to buy extra controllers.

6. Saying Thanks:

jasong (Today)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    I'd rather get the base switch model as some games run like ass in handheld mode plus the switch lite is also known to encounter drift and when that happens you have to send in the entire device to get repaired at least with the base switch you just send in the joycon plus you have two joycon so can play MP games off the bat without having to buy extra controllers.
    Yeh the base Switch rocks. Had mine since July 2017 and it still gets more jamming time than my PC.

8. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (Today)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Why not a PS4 in that case? Would imagine that Sony first party stuff is better.

Might end up better if you just get something that can emulate and stick her some nes, snes, psx games.
    You have a point there, although I'm not a big PS fan. I got a PSP as well in 2017, only for it being an extra handheld.

Experience

Ag I'll see what happens on the Nintendo side of things. My daughter turns 4 this year, so WILL probably look at getting her her own console in the next few years. If the Switch Lite is still doing well by that time, then that's what she's getting. Got an Empire Gaming retro handheld for her to jam on in the time being.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGamer80 View Post
    Ag I'll see what happens on the Nintendo side of things. My daughter turns 4 this year, so WILL probably look at getting her her own console in the next few years. If the Switch Lite is still doing well by that time, then that's what she's getting. Got an Empire Gaming retro handheld for her to jam on in the time being.
    As long as you keep her away from mobile gaming.

I kinda would recon a PSP or PSV would maybe be the way to go as long as you load only the games she may play on it. Thinking Contra might keep her up at night especially the **** from super contra. My sister says those levels still gives her nightmares.
    Hidden Content

12. Saying Thanks:

RetroGamer80 (Today)  

Page 678 of 678 FirstFirst ... 178578628658674675676677678