Very Senior Member
    Experience

Also how about some Metroid Prime 4 news

https://gamerant.com/metroid-prime-4...ys-april-2021/

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    Also how about some Metroid Prime 4 news

https://gamerant.com/metroid-prime-4...ys-april-2021/
    The game title that won Nintendo E3 ...that never was released. It's putting watchdogs downgrade and Duke Nukem Forever to shame at this point.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Upending the tea table, Metroid Prime 4 was. New developers. New time table. New everything. It will be a "Pro" excl. methinks.

I can wait. It's ready if its ready. I do not want another Other M.

Kthxbye!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by unaccounted View Post

I can wait. It's ready if its ready. I do not want another Other M.

Duke Nukem Forever was released when it was ready and it was a complete piece of trash. I do not believe in the "when its done" mentality because it breeds a lack of urgency and the need to be released. Star Citizen has been on-going for ages now. You get a design document, you lay your ground works, you keep on target with some minor adjustments or very big very quick adjustments and get the thing out the door or end up in limbo because you aimed for the moon and hit the sun.
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever was released when it was ready and it was a complete piece of trash. I do not believe in the "when its done" mentality because it breeds a lack of urgency and the need to be released. Star Citizen has been on-going for ages now. You get a design document, you lay your ground works, you keep on target with some minor adjustments or very big very quick adjustments and get the thing out the door or end up in limbo because you aimed for the moon and hit the sun.
    Plenty of games could have done with more time in the oven. Mario Sunshine, No Man's Sky. Half the Assassin's Creed series. Mass Effect 4. There's no rule, but generally if a game needs more time it doesn't do any good to rush it out the door.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    When the dev team was changed from Bandai Namco to Retro Studios, I was happy. A Nintendo employee stated: "The current development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series"

MP4 is in good hands. The best hands.

7. Saying Thanks:

jasong (April 9th, 2021)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    Plenty of games could have done with more time in the oven. Mario Sunshine, No Man's Sky. Half the Assassin's Creed series. Mass Effect 4. There's no rule, but generally if a game needs more time it doesn't do any good to rush it out the door.
    Sure more time can fix things but you can only spend so much time as well. Cyberpunk could probably have done with more time in the cooker but my experience with it was nearly as good as it was going to get. Blood 2 got shoved out the door and it was a mess. Anthem had 5 years of development with only 18 months of actual guided development.

I can take an example outside of gaming with our own power plants. Medupi, more than twice over budget, more than twice the build time and only half the promised capacity. Doesn't matter in which space the project exist. Time cannot fix everything. You need a plan, someone directing it and when needed cracking the whip to get things done.
    Hidden Content

Experience

I can take an example outside of gaming with our own power plants. Medupi, more than twice over budget, more than twice the build time and only half the promised capacity. Doesn't matter in which space the project exist. Time cannot fix everything. You need a plan, someone directing it and when needed cracking the whip to get things done.
    I'll take any delay over our government's delay.

Edit: The studio I hold as the Holy Grail on Switch for squeezing performance and looks is Panic Button (the Doom Guys). PB is also weirdly based in Austin Texas, where Retro is based!
    Last edited by unaccounted; April 9th, 2021 at 09:26 AM.

Experience

If Blizzard can die then any company can die. Even CDPR showed us they can fall. But enough of games that aren't seeing the light, have a trailer instead.

Hidden Content

Experience

On the Gamecube development (hell) of Metroid Prime (Wikipedia):
    In 2000 and early 2001, four games in development at Retro were canceled,[36] including an RPG, Raven Blade, leaving Prime the only game in development.[37] During the last nine months of development, Retro's staff worked 80- to 100-hour weeks to reach Nintendo's deadline,[35] as according to senior artist James Dargie, "I think it took us almost six months to do the first level that Nintendo approved, then we had less than a year to do the rest of the game."
    And then, the tables were upended:
    The game was planned to use a third-person perspective, but after Miyamoto intervened this was changed to first-person perspective and almost everything already developed was scrapped
    The end-product is perhaps one of the greatest games made (although the 100 hours per week is just sad and cruel and wicked)

While searching MP stuff, I came upon this. Wow!

Hell will have to freeze over for Nintendo to even acknowledge something as great as Prime2D.

Page 686 of 688 FirstFirst ... 186586636666682683684685686687688 LastLast