Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paladins beta code - who wants one?

Oupa
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JoE View Post
    I gave up playing the game because the constant 5gb updates and the increased pay to win mechanics being introduced.
    What Pay to win mechanics are you referring to?

Also most updates since OB67 has been 1.7GBs each

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowing View Post
    What Pay to win mechanics are you referring to?

Also most updates since OB67 has been 1.7GBs each
    Can't remember which ob update it was but that just introduced a whole lot of mechanics like battlefront requiring you to spend money or embrace an unfair grind which was already a problem for me as character costs had already doubled in the time I spent with the game. They also introduced way to many new characters with similar abilities which made it seem cheaper.

On PS4 without fail every 2 weeks at least we had a 5gb update. I wanted the game to succeed but it let me down and I will not be going back unless something major happens to change my mind.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

That card system is out long ago also the game is out of beta. I've been playing ever since it came out on PS4 and haven't spent a single cent on the game, never seemed unfair as it is on PC with all the hacks.

Experience

So did they scrape the card thing completely or how does it work now cos last I played was like 4-6months ago.

Experience

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    That is a convincing review by IGN. Makes me want to reconsider my ban on the game.

Experience

Experience

Played a few rounds of death match with a friend last night have to say the game changed quite a bit since the beta there's still room for some improvement here and there though.

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

So I updated mine recently and decided to give it another try. It looks more polished than I remember and the menu system is awkwardly alot like overwatch. I see the champion cost has risen to 60000 now (I remember 7,500 coins for the latest champion when I started) which seems heavily biased toward a pay mechanism especially with the coin gain not changing as well. Gameplay seems the same and I didn't play enough to notice new environments. I'll monitor the update scenario to see if they've moved to a less frequent update schedule and then decide if I'll play this game again.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JoE View Post
    So I updated mine recently and decided to give it another try. It looks more polished than I remember and the menu system is awkwardly alot like overwatch. I see the champion cost has risen to 60000 now (I remember 7,500 coins for the latest champion when I started) which seems heavily biased toward a pay mechanism especially with the coin gain not changing as well. Gameplay seems the same and I didn't play enough to notice new environments. I'll monitor the update scenario to see if they've moved to a less frequent update schedule and then decide if I'll play this game again.
    It is not geared towards paying for anything if you just play the game.

This is because you decided to abandon the the game I have close to 800K in gold I don't see use for it, crystals is what I need for the battle pass, also you get free gold for logging in everyday.

You abandoned the game so don't moan about not having enough gold, if you stuck with it you would have seen that the all essence (which was a stupid currency) you obtained while it was still a thing got converted to gold when they eventually discarded the essence system. Every card level you gained with the card system (which no one was happy about) also netted you gold and chests with skins. Lasty all the VIP points also got converted to gold when after they discarded the points system as well.

Yes the updates were frequent (not as huge as you claim) but the game was still an Open Beta - those who played and ultimately enjoyed the game in Open Beta were rewarded for sticking with Hi Rez.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast