Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Paladins beta code - who wants one?

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowing View Post
    It is not geared towards paying for anything if you just play the game.

This is because you decided to abandon the the game I have close to 800K in gold I don't see use for it, crystals is what I need for the battle pass, also you get free gold for logging in everyday.

You abandoned the game so don't moan about not having enough gold, if you stuck with it you would have seen that the all essence (which was a stupid currency) you obtained while it was still a thing got converted to gold when they eventually discarded the essence system. Every card level you gained with the card system (which no one was happy about) also netted you gold and chests with skins. Lasty all the VIP points also got converted to gold when after they discarded the points system as well.

Yes the updates were frequent (not as huge as you claim) but the game was still an Open Beta - those who played and ultimately enjoyed the game in Open Beta were rewarded for sticking with Hi Rez.
    So if you picked it up today you'd not have to pay to unlock everybody or grind like crazy to get there? My point is that people play other games and have conflicting priorities and this is meant to prey on that for monetisation imo. I have 100k gold for my 'little' time spent and a handful of champions unlocked and maxed to level 5 with all the extras you mentioned so I think its unfair to say I didn't play the game. I get what you're saying about the improvements made to balance things but to me it was better at a much lower coin level and as I was getting into the game the devs got greedy and I was put off by that and I did not see enough of a change for me to completely convince me. The updates were 4.5gb every 2 weeks and used to be a constant pain in my group of friends as some of the guys did not have data to keep up with them. If the updates are regulated like other games then that will be another notch in their favour.

Experience

Characters prices range from 15k-60k also seems if you buy the hero pack they refund all the gold spent on characters.

Oupa
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

You'd be hard pressed to find totally new players to Paladins that being said if people want to pay real money to get everything unlocked one time that's entirely their decision. If anything earning gold is actually easier than it was what with the daily quests and gold earned when your account and champion levels up.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678