Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yakuza 0

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Okay, so after 36 hours, I've realized that this is my favorite game of 2018 by far. I've played the hostess bar mini-game for 5 hours straight and I can't get enough of it. I've roped my daughter into helping me dress my hostesses up. My wife rolls her eyes when I mention how their hairstyles have to improve their overall stats. I've bought the OST because it's that damned good.

This ****ing game.

EDIT: By the way, this has to be the best ****ing song for a battle ever!

Last edited by krYtHan; August 12th, 2018 at 05:48 PM.

2. Saying Thanks:

Fid (August 12th, 2018),  Wlad (August 12th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I am actually a bit disappointed with the game.
    I have put in around 8 hours or so and I am just not feeling it.

The continuous encounters with thugs on the streets gets tedious quickly. I had no problem beating them so I thought there wasn't much of a challenge and I could relax until that huge bastard dude showed up ****** me up in 5 seconds and stole all my money.

It's also very inconsistent. Then it looks really good and then in another scene it looks like crap.
    It's like they did not have enough money to fully complete the game. You have fully voiced action scenes and then you suddenly switch to a slideshow.
    It's jarring, breaks the immersion and not something we are used to in modern games.
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy View Post
    I am actually a bit disappointed with the game.
    I have put in around 8 hours or so and I am just not feeling it.

The continuous encounters with thugs on the streets gets tedious quickly. I had no problem beating them so I thought there wasn't much of a challenge and I could relax until that huge bastard dude showed up ****** me up in 5 seconds and stole all my money.

It's also very inconsistent. Then it looks really good and then in another scene it looks like crap.
    It's like they did not have enough money to fully complete the game. You have fully voiced action scenes and then you suddenly switch to a slideshow.
    It's jarring, breaks the immersion and not something we are used to in modern games.
    The voice acting thing might not be something you are used to but it's something long time fans of the series are definitely used to, I was also a little confused at first, but it doesn't detract from the experience for me. Yakuza 6 is the first game in the series to feature full voice acting for everything.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

I can see how it might be a negative for some people but I don’t mind it to be honest. I just view it as the following:

Pre-rendered scenes: Watch this ‘cause you are going to see something badass.

Scenes with voice acting: Watch and listen because something there’s something important regarding your character’s development / storyline / skills etc.

Scenes with no voice acting: Press “A” to skip if you want. Though you will miss out on some hilarious stuff in the sub-stories.

To be honest, I’m so invested in the characters that it doesn’t really bother me. And I finally managed to beat Mr Shakedown (he’s not really supposed to be beaten the first time you try) last night and it felt great! Definitely running away next time I see him though.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by krYtHan View Post
    Okay, so after 36 hours, I've realized that this is my favorite game of 2018 by far. I've played the hostess bar mini-game for 5 hours straight and I can't get enough of it.
    Only 5? I think I ended up spending around 20 or so just on that part.

EDIT: By the way, this has to be the best ****ing song for a battle ever!

Oh, man. Just wait until you hear some of the battle themes from later in the series.

7. Saying Thanks:

krYtHan (August 15th, 2018)  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345