Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Asus PG27UQ

Addicted Member
    Drugs are a hell of drug.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    I hear everyone say high refresh rate is the way to go, which I understand if you play games like Overwatch and other competitive MP games, but as a person who pretty much only plays SP games, 4k 60fps is still more appealing to me than 1440p at 144Hz. Like, how does a game like The Witcher 3 or Divinity Original Sin 2 benefit from 144Hz? Would rather have it look beautiful in 4k and play at 60fps. Then again I have never played anything at 144Hz so have no idea.
    Ultrawide...

maybe super ultrawide, but I haven't experienced it, so i cant say :/

Hidden Content

Leviathan™
    i7-6700K @ 4.00 Ghz | Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 5 | Sapphire Tri-X Radeon R9 FURY 4GB HBM | Corsair Vegeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200 | 850 EVO 250GB SSD | WD 4TB Black | Corsair Hydro H100i GTX Liquid Cooling |Corsair RM850i |Windows 10 x64 | Steelseries H9 | Corsair M65 RGB | Corsair K70 RGB | Corsair Graphite 780T | Dell UltraSharp 34" Curved Monitor - U3415W

2. Saying Thanks:

Jer1cho (July 25th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Grishnackh View Post
    Ultrawide...

maybe super ultrawide, but I haven't experienced it, so i cant say :/
    Once you do it's tough to go back. Super ultra-wide maybe a bit much though like that Samsung 36:9 aspect ratio I think? As it is 21:9 is just becoming mainstream.

4. Saying Thanks:

Count_Grishnackh (July 25th, 2018)  

Experience

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    I hear everyone say high refresh rate is the way to go, which I understand if you play games like Overwatch and other competitive MP games, but as a person who pretty much only plays SP games, 4k 60fps is still more appealing to me than 1440p at 144Hz. Like, how does a game like The Witcher 3 or Divinity Original Sin 2 benefit from 144Hz? Would rather have it look beautiful in 4k and play at 60fps. Then again I have never played anything at 144Hz so have no idea.
    Are you speaking from experience or just guessing? It all comes down to where you are sitting in relation to your monitor, what is the biggest size you can have, what is your DPI, etc. A 23" 1080p monitor has the same DPI as a 27" 1440p monitor. 60fps vs 120fps. The difference is subtle but the feeling is nearly the same as going from 30fps to 60fps and the reason is obvious as your response times are cut in half. I think if I was to appreciate 4k at my current viewing distance I would need a 36-40" screen. All that would happen is I would miss detail on the outside of my screen as my vision would not be able to focus there.

There is also something else to consider and that is the higher your resolution the higher your frame rate needs to be to present a smooth image.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Default Asus PG27UQ

Right now there is no gpu that can push 4k at stable 60 or 1440p at stable 144. My 1080Ti averages 80-120 frames at 1440p (generalisation). I think 1440p is the sweetspot this gen (if you’re running a 1080Ti).
    Last edited by Madala_ZA; July 25th, 2018 at 04:59 PM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Are you speaking from experience or just guessing? It all comes down to where you are sitting in relation to your monitor, what is the biggest size you can have, what is your DPI, etc. A 23" 1080p monitor has the same DPI as a 27" 1440p monitor. 60fps vs 120fps. The difference is subtle but the feeling is nearly the same as going from 30fps to 60fps and the reason is obvious as your response times are cut in half. I think if I was to appreciate 4k at my current viewing distance I would need a 36-40" screen. All that would happen is I would miss detail on the outside of my screen as my vision would not be able to focus there.

There is also something else to consider and that is the higher your resolution the higher your frame rate needs to be to present a smooth image.
    Yeah just totally guessing man. Would love to try it out to see what the fuss is about. I'm still one of those 60fps 1080 okes on Steam surveys.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234